What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Was at my parents for dinner this evening, and my brother and wife stopped by afterwards. My brother said to me, "You have to go check out my rental" (his Dodge is in the body shop). So, I head outside to check it out. My ride on the left, rental on the right. It was like a family reunion. 😃

Nice! Happy coincidence that your brother's rental is white too haha.

Great pics of both generations. And angle if both would be awesome also. They look relatively the same height. I want to install a moonroof deflector on mine but idk if it’s worth it.

I think I would only add a moonroof deflector if I could find a lower profile one. The OEM Mazda and Weathertech options look a little too bulky to me.

I think I would only add a moonroof deflector if I could find a lower profile one. The OEM Mazda and Weathertech options look a little too bulky to me.
[/QUOTE]

oh ok. I have yet to see one on our current generation. Only seen them on Barry’s generation and they look pretty good on his version. That would pop if it was low profile and sleek as the curvature of the roof

Been looking at ways to tone down some/most of the chrome on the 9. The rain finally held off long enough for me to get one small part done.....

CD_002.JPG

CD_003.JPG

CD_004.JPG

CD_006.JPG

CD_009.JPG

CD_010.JPG

I like it. Gives her a little more aggressive look, something chrome just can't do (for me).

Just bought a 2014 touring with a lot of added features... got a stage 3 tuner for it on the way added some leds in the headlights and fogs got a hitch in the way as well... was wondering if anyone had any luck finding a cold air intake for this model?

Attachments

• BFB86B50-6AD6-48F6-9B69-FA5AAEA34438.jpeg
    BFB86B50-6AD6-48F6-9B69-FA5AAEA34438.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 13EEDCC0-0797-4006-8D61-69ECE7B2FCEE.jpeg
    13EEDCC0-0797-4006-8D61-69ECE7B2FCEE.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 178
Couple cool things I did to my 2016 CX-9 since I got it a few months ago:

- Semi autonomous driving using a Comma 2+Openpilot
- Hardwired front+back dashcams & radar detector
- Compustar remote start system with Dronemobile which allows for Google Assistant commands

20200707_173108.jpg

- Compustar remote start system with Dronemobile which allows for Google Assistant commands

View attachment 225951

Nice tweaks! How are you liking the Comma.ai so far?

Nice tweaks! How are you liking the Comma.ai so far?
Pretty amazing so far! I just went on a 300 mile trip and didn't touch the pedals or the wheel once; driving is so relaxing now.

It was a pain it the ass to get it set up since the 2016's have different connectors for the stock front camera, so I had to fabricate my own harness. Being the first to do so, it made things much harder but I've documented the process for any future Comma.ai users so it should be pretty simple for anyone looking to get onboard with it.

Very cool.

Pretty amazing so far! I just went on a 300 mile trip and didn't touch the pedals or the wheel once; driving is so relaxing now.

It was a pain it the ass to get it set up since the 2016's have different connectors for the stock front camera, so I had to fabricate my own harness. Being the first to do so, it made things much harder but I've documented the process for any future Comma.ai users so it should be pretty simple for anyone looking to get onboard with it.

Feel free to create a Resource DIY! There are quite a few owners here who wish their Mazdas had actual lane-centering tech - I'm sure they would be interested in seeing how involved the process is.

Here is a link to a thread explaining the Resources feature.
And here is a direct link to the CX-9 Resources section.

I have written a few DIY guides for the forum. If you'd like me to forward a template that you can use for reference, or if you'd like to just send me the documented process so that I can create the resource, just send me a PM.

Was at my parents for dinner this evening, and my brother and wife stopped by afterwards. My brother said to me, "You have to go check out my rental" (his Dodge is in the body shop). So, I head outside to check it out. My ride on the left, rental on the right. It was like a family reunion. 😃

2020-06-04_001.JPG
That's cool. I wish I had taken a photo of my 2008 CX-9 next to my 2020 CX-9 but I picked up my 2020 at the dealer and rushed home to meet the buyer for my 2008 immediately after. I bought and sold CX-9s within 1 hour.

That's cool. I wish I had taken a photo of my 2008 CX-9 next to my 2020 CX-9 but I picked up my 2020 at the dealer and rushed home to meet the buyer for my 2008 immediately after. I bought and sold CX-9s within 1 hour.

Your post and Bronco's post reminded me of these pics I had taken in a grocery store parking lot, shortly after I bought my CX-9.

IMG_20180506_155517.jpg

IMG_20180506_152716.jpg

So the other day, after wiping my wheels down, I noticed that the powdercoat was lifting off of one of the center caps on my Vossen wheels. I've had the wheels for almost a couple of years, but they have only seen 6-8 months of actual road use as I swap them out for the OEM wheels and winter tires when it gets cold enough.

IMG_20200729_163438.jpg

I contacted Vossen via email to see what they would do. My expectations were low, having dealt with a few other wheel companies for minor issues like this one in the past. A few hours later, Kat from Vossen got back to me and let me know that they would be replacing the cap with a new one. IMO this is great customer service, especially considering that they are a US based company and I'm in Canada.

Since I ordered the wheels and center caps through a local dealer, Vossen will be working with them to get the cap to me (they probably have to verify the sale of the caps before a new one is sent out). It may take a bit of time to get here with everything going on right now, but I'm just glad its being taken care of. Thanks Vossen!

IMO this is great customer service, especially considering that they are a US based company and I'm in Canada.
Agreed. I deal with this kind of stuff daily, and am amazed at how many company's shrug off simple things like this. Always good to hear about the ones that do care.

Got a new phone last weekend so needed a new car cradle. Found a Sinjimoru charging mount on e-Bay and figured I'd give it a try. It will do for now, but it is flimsy. I already have my eye on a Brodit/ProClip cradle.

Phone_Mount_053.JPG

Phone_Mount_054.JPG

Phone_Mount_056.JPG

Phone_Mount_057.JPG

View attachment 225951

very nice jobs you did their. I have the viper smart start system installed in mine and have those functions minus the talk command feature you displayed.
very eager to know how was the process in wiring the rear dash cam? I would love to install one in the rear of my cx9 but I don’t want to pay another 150 which is what it cost me to have a front kenwood dash cam installed lol

Back