Firmware 70.00.367A

I updated my 2020 Signature last week to .367. Since then, I've had the reverse camera freeze once, two "full" reboots occur after starting, a distorted reverse camera once (hundreds of thin, green lines across the screen), a few "hangs", and yesterday after receiving a phone call the screen went black for the rest of the drive. None of these issues occurred on either .352 or the original .100 firmware.

I updated my 2020 Signature last week to .367. Since then, I've had the reverse camera freeze once, two "full" reboots occur after starting, a distorted reverse camera once (hundreds of thin, green lines across the screen), a few "hangs", and yesterday after receiving a phone call the screen went black for the rest of the drive. None of these issues occurred on either .352 or the original .100 firmware.

Not off to a good start, anyone know if the firmware could be rolled back?

So far since updating to .367 I haven't seen the glitches with XMtravelink/XM radio even with quick restarts.

Something I find annoying is on the Clock. If I use GPS Sync the time occasionally stays on the time the car was shut off, then finally updates to current time once moving. This is something I've noticed on all firmware versions.....so I need to uncheck that GPS Sync option so the Clock is always accurate.

My wifes 2018 Touring ( NAV card but no XM radio) can use GPS Sync without issue, time is always accurate.

Yes, firmware (FW) 70.00.367 can be "rolled back" -> You can downgrade (install old FW) as far as FW 59.00.502, if you can get your hands on the old FW. So, .367 has no change to prior FW versions in that point. I did downgrade myself from .367 NA to .100 NA for testing purpose.
But there is no possibility to roll back using the MZD menu only - there is no menu entry "roll back" - so the old FW is not saved anywhere at the MZD/CMU.

Had auto re-boot happen about 3 times now, seems to happen after about the firs 1/2 mile or so after start up. I am going to try it without playing music through the phone and see if that might have something to do with it. Had some problems with the outside temp being messed up with the previous update and that seemed to be cured with reinstalling the update. If it does it again I will probably reinstall this version to see if it cures this.

Update: Has not rebooted the last few days, seems to be working ok.

Last edited:
Had auto re-boot happen about 3 times now, seems to happen after about the firs 1/2 mile or so after start up. I am going to try it without playing music through the phone and see if that might have something to do with it. Had some problems with the outside temp being messed up with the previous update and that seemed to be cured with reinstalling the update. If it does it again I will probably reinstall this version to see if it cures this.

Update: Has not rebooted the last few days, seems to be working ok.

I am having multiple reboots every few minutes as well. I may need to roll back until the next update.

same just use .352.

Thank you. I'll be downgrading both my CX-5 and MX-5 from .367 to .352. I found another bug with .367 recently - music plays fine, but Siri's voice is often interrupted with a LOUD blast of white noise or a "digital screech" when she's speaking. This is happening on both of my Mazdas and didn't start until I upgraded to .367.

Would one of you be so kind to get a copy of .352 to me? I thought I still had it saved but do not. It is no longer available in the HiDrive. Thanks!

*edit* Someone posted later that the older firmwares are available in the HiDrive FYI! (Thanks!)

Last edited:
Would one of you be so kind to get a copy of .352 to me? I thought I still had it saved but do not. It is no longer available in the HiDrive. Thanks!
Did you try reinstalling 367? I had problems with 352 before when it messed up my outside temp reading and then reinstalled it and everything worked fine. My problem with reboot hasn't happened in a while, I thought maybe it was because I was using the music through my phones bluetooth, but I tried it both with and without phone and it has been working ok.

Does anyone have the file for 352 and the fail safe? I can't remember if 352 has a fail safe but I only seemed to have saved 100. The link for the 352 update is dead and only 367 is available.

All of the old firmware files are available here:

Mazda > Mazda CONNECT Firmware > Develop Firmware > Outdated Firmware

Last edited:
All of the old firmware files are available here:

Mazda > Mazda CONNECT Firmware > Develop Firmware > Outdated Firmware

instructions unclear

Not here:

Not here:

There is a HINT of upgrade here, but no files:

matter of fact Mazda says (which we know not to be true):
"
HOW DO I UPDATE MY SOFTWARE?
The Mazda Connect software update can only be completed at a Mazda dealership at this time. To update your software, visit your local Mazda dealership.

"

the most common resource here:
https://www.mazda3revolution.com/th...rmware-downloads-updated.180578/#post-1859114
is 400 different replies... so that is not ideal for quick reference.

All good on my '19 signature. took about 35 minutes.
Attempted to do this yesterday. After getting close to 100% it starts over. And it loops continuously (I let it go for an excess of 3 hours) and eventually I punted. Now when I turn on it wants to ready from the USB drive. Anyone point me in the right direction for further troubleshooting? Note: I did make sure to keep it 'alive' every 15 minutes.

TIA,
Glenn

If you update yourself and it goes wrong, you are left with a huge bill, that does not happen at an authorized workshop. :sneaky:

That's one reason I avoid new updates unless it fixes an issue I have. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Hopefully, they will fix it under warranty.

if it asks for usb its possible failsafe triggered. Which couls be better than total black screen and total brick.

few questions first,
What was your original firmware version?
Do you know your failsafe version?

Did you try now to insert ANOTHER usb drive with the firmware files copied?

p.s
You have to make sure the files you downloaded are not corrupted on your pc and usb - first and always. check the checksums always.

Last edited:
Back