Trouble getting a new CX-5 GTR in NY area

I understand it's hard finding a new cx5 grand touring reserve, I understand mazda hasn't made cars in almost 4 months . I put a down payment june 9 2020. I was told the car (I have vin number color etc.) is held up at the docks in NY city, then I was told I'd have the car by July 15. I'm still waiting, saying it's out of salesman's control. Now does anyone know or hear about this problem? Am I getting the runaround? I saw a video on youtube about the new 2021 cx5 carbon and the guy doing the video mentioned cars being held up at the ports, has anyone else heard or experienced this?

I'm looking at the websites of a few dealers in NY with 3-4 GTRs in stock. Which dealer did you put a downpayment with?

thanks ,first of all new rochelle mazda has my down payment. I've checked all over tri state area when I see gtr on there website and call them. I get, our website is out of date or that car was just sold or we're getting in a bunch of cx5s end of the month and not sure if any gtrs will be included. I found 1 red one but I don't want red, I've heard from salesman in NY and CT that they're nervous because inventory is low and they can't get cars, no dealers are trading cars they're holding what they have.

I don't see any for the new rochelle location but I do see some in the Koeppel Mazda and some in NJ

well I called koppel the silver ,gray met are sold 1 red there, nice guy said the cars come into baltamore port so im getting some truths from new rochelle (maybe) so thank you jlipud

I'm in Eastern PA and I don't see many at all. I see a few show up in NJ on cars.com and they are also on the dealer pages. But I don't see the color I'm looking for and I was hoping to play the dealers off each other to get a discount!! I was told by on dealer to check back in a month (which is about when I'm looking to purchase anyway).

Just got a call from my dealer in new rochelle say my car is coming maybe tues or wed things are opening up! We will see, now I'm hearing about problems with cx5 batteries going dead after a few days of not using..?

hi. This is the thread on the mysterious battery draw. Happened twice to mine .. Bought a 2020 GT Turbo in Feb and it happened the first week in Feb and again in April. Not since. Mazda is aware and supposedly working on a solution. You can find the service bulletin in the discussion below. Good think the vehicle comes with Roadside Assistance.

I'm picking up my 2020 cx5 GTR tomorrow. I hope I don't have this problem. Check forum for battery problems cx5. There are many posts on this problem, good luck.

Just got a call from my dealer in new rochelle say my car is coming maybe tues or wed things are opening up! We will see, now I'm hearing about problems with cx5 batteries going dead after a few days of not using..?
I'm picking up my 2020 cx5 GTR tomorrow. I hope I don't have this problem. Check forum for battery problems cx5. There are many posts on this problem, good luck.

Do you mind sharing your price of purchase for the 2020 GTR in this thread:

I am looking to buy one in sept and would love to see what prices they are offering in the NY area.

Back