Anyone get the metal pedal covers?

I have them. Just an heads up, if you’re using the dead pedal, don’t use the generic 3M tape on the rear. Pull it off and replace with the hook side of Velcro tape. You’ll get a much better grip on the carpeted floor.

Yes...I have a set as well and they look great! Mine are actually a little different though...they have "CX-5" cut out of the metal which I do not believe is aluminum...it might be but I think it's just polished steel. Anyway..they look great.

Follow the recommendations to use velcro instead of the double-sided tape that comes with the dead pedal. Also, I had to use some gorilla glue to keep the rubber inserts from "de-laminating" from the metal...I did this for all three pieces.

Despite the amount of modification and maintenance these have required they've been an excellent value...the look great and were very inexpensive!

Yes, I got something similar and I love them, they look great! The brake pedal takes a lot of work to get on but it fits snugly. Remember to remove the existing cover on the brake first. And I agree with the previous reply, use Velcro for the footrest pedal.

Ditto! It was REALLY painful to get the replacement brake pedal rubber lip to fit all around the pedal. But very happy with them.

Do these fit on top of existing pedal? With adhesive or do the clip around, like a cell phone case? There's many out there but I'd like to fine one that people have actually used? Can anyone provide a link to the one they got?

Do these fit on top of existing pedal? With adhesive or do the clip around, like a cell phone case? There's many out there but I'd like to fine one that people have actually used? Can anyone provide a link to the one they got?
These are the ones I got. Accelerator slides over existing pedal & the brake replaces the existing rubber brake pedal. I like them. I didn't get the dead pedal because my OEM Mazda Canadian mats cover the dead pedal. Although I believe I did see someone on here that attached the matching dead pedal on top of the same mats I have.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Metal Pedal Covers.JPG

Last edited:
These are the ones I got, https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Gas pedal fits over existing, Brake Pedal replaces original one and the footpedal has 3m strips, I think I may have put a couple extra 3m strips on but it's been a year and can't quite remember. I do like the raised rubber on the pedals, they seem to have better grip.
pedals.jpg

Last edited:
I have the OEM ones. The brake pedal is like everything else, you have to slide it over and it's a bit of a pain. I left it out in the sun for an hour to loosen it up and then used a stubby screwdriver to slide along the edge and pull it over in place.

The accelerator pedal requires drilling holes into the stock accelerator pedal (which to my surprise is just plastic. I always assumed it was metal) It comes with a template though so it's easy enough. The only problem is the bolt you screw it into requires a metric sized hole so I had to open it up a bit with a utility knife after drilling since it was a little too small.

The dead pedal requires taking off some of the door trim to get under the carpet so you can install a backing plate that it screws into. A bit of a pain but then you have it screwed in instead of just stuck on there with tape or velcro.

IMG_20200707_213817.jpg

I wouldn't mind the brake and accelerator pedal covers, but I think the genuine Mazda versions are rediculously overpriced and I'm not a fan of aftermarket accessories.

I did, however, loosen the purse strings enough to buy the foot rest (dead pedal) since my CX-5 is the first of dozens of vehicles I've owned that didn't come with one. Without it, the carpet is exposed to wear and I like my vehicles to always look new.

Blue isn’t my preference, but if you’re a fan, have at it! Seems like there shouldn’t be any issues. The color should hold up if they anodized the metal properly.

So I was getting antsy because I hadn’t blown any money in a couple days so I just ordered plain silver from whoever could get it shipped to me soonest. Unfortunately, I got sent ones with the “mazdaspeed” branding cutouts, which I definitely do not want. Sigh.

So I was getting antsy because I hadn’t blown any money in a couple days so I just ordered plain silver from whoever could get it shipped to me soonest. Unfortunately, I got sent ones with the “mazdaspeed” branding cutouts, which I definitely do not want. Sigh.
Contact the seller, many will offer some small discount if you keep them (if they're not as advertised).

Back