2013~2016 New Tires

Thx, this the kind of info that might help.

I can see the tread patterns are different. The lx25 might be better in bad weather but the other one longer warranty, maybe a little smoother on the highway.

I wonder what the difference is as pertains to use on crossovers? Is that significant?

I am also considering Continental but a different model Continental TrueContact Tour.
I guess it's not all season while the lx25 is but otherwise I'm not sure what the difference is.
I've bought two sets of Continental in the past with no issues. I've bought Michelin too, with no issues but like you said they're more expensive, which is why I'm leaning towards the Continental.
Looks like you have a 2016.5 CX-5 Sport 6-speed manual 👍, and you’re looking for 225/65R17 tires. There’re too many tires available for this size. To me, it’s an easy choice between the 2 you listed. H-rated Continental CrossContact LX25 is a crossover/SUV touring all-season tire with “740 A A“ UTQG, and 51 psi maximum inflation pressure; but T-rated only Continental TrueContact Tour is a standard touring all-season tire with “800 A B“ UTQG, and 44 psi maximum inflation pressure. I’d definitely choose CrossContact LX25 with $100 rebate to boot.

Be careful when you choose tires from Continental and General tires (such as frequently mentioned General AltiMAX RT43, as Continental is the parent company of General tires) on 225/65R17 size, there’re both H-rated and T-rated tires available. Always specify H-rated version which has better performance in every aspect.

I had some concern that the heavier duty tire might be a little rougher/noisier. I saw the lx24 available in both T & H.
The price might be a clincher though. Discount Tire seemed to have $70 rebate.

I was thinking the sidewalls would have something to do with the H and 51 psi. They only say they are both w two steel belts and a polyamide spiral.

I may be wrong bc my head is spinning after reading all the research and reviews but I believe the True Contact is H rated and the Cross Contact is V rated. I have to look into that rebate bc at Mavis Tire they list a $70 rebate for the LX25.

If you don't need a winter tire, atlas force UHP. I got them on my cx5 (255/40/20) and am impressed with dry and wet grip. I paid 80 a piece on simpletire.com also got them for my moms vw in 17s for $60. After running toyos proxes, nitto and continental (2-2.5x the price) I feel like I was getting ripped after using these tires (performance difference negligible).

I had some concern that the heavier duty tire might be a little rougher/noisier. I saw the lx24 available in both T & H.
The price might be a clincher though. Discount Tire seemed to have $70 rebate.
For your 225/65R17 size you really don’t have choice between the 2 because you definitely don’t want T-rated (118 mph speed rating) Continental TrueContact Tour tires (no H-rated) on your CX-5 which has top speed of 120 mph.

Also based on Tire Rack survey stats, Continental CrossContact LX25 scores 9.6 on ride quality and 8.9 on noise, and is ranked #1 out of 36 in crossover/SUV touring all-season tires.

Continental TrueContact Tour scores 9.3 on ride quality and 8.9 on noise, and is ranked #2 out of 25 in standard touring all-season tires.

So the choice is obvious between the 2 for your size.

I may be wrong bc my head is spinning after reading all the research and reviews but I believe the True Contact is H rated and the Cross Contact is V rated.
That’s for 225/55R19 sized tires.

There aren't any reviews on the Discount Tire web site for the LX25. They say both tires fit the cx5 but you are right, no H option for the TrueContact. A couple of the reviewers were crossover owners, one cx5.

Neither one is in stock locally so maybe I'll look at Tire rack.

There aren't any reviews on the Discount Tire web site for the LX25. They say both tires fit the cx5 but you are right, no H option for the TrueContact. A couple of the reviewers were crossover owners, one cx5.
Neither one is in stock locally so maybe I'll look at Tire rack.
My Discount Tire Store in Dallas area can get me almost ANY tires I want. If they don’t have it in stock, they can get it from warehouse in 1~3 days. They also do price match to almost any seller, including Costco. “Free” lifetime tire balancing、rotation、and puncture repair are good in everywhere including America’s Tire Store serving in NorCal. And their Hunter tire changing and balancing machines are also one of the best available.

Back