What did you pay for your CX-9?

Dealer (Hiley Arlington, TX) was trying to sell a hail damaged one without telling me. This is why there was a "rebate" that none of the other dealers were offering. On the overnight test drive, I eventually noticed and confronted them. We discussed it, but I left believing they were trying to be deceptive. I'm a used car buyer anyway and this broke any obligation I felt to buy.

Same day I ended up buying a very clean 2019 Touring FWD with Premium Package, Tint and Roof rack with 13k miles for $27,500 + ttl. Also includes 3 years of oil changes FWIW. Wish we had the captain's chairs, but I like this deal better overall.

(I wish we could have the memory seats, but not worth getting GT to me...and it's just the seats not mirrors or steering wheel like the 2017 Lexus 350 we were also considering. That cost a couple thousand more and had more mileage/wear.)

Last edited:
I liked a 2020 CX-9 Grand Touring with 2nd row captain's chairs in soul red. The drive out price I received is $40,709 (includes tax + Dealer's fees). Is that a good deal considering the 2021 CX-9 will be announced this fall?

Thanks.

I liked a 2020 CX-9 Grand Touring with 2nd row captain's chairs in soul red. The drive out price I received is $40,709 (includes tax + Dealer's fees). Is that a good deal considering the 2021 CX-9 will be announced this fall?

Thanks.

A price breakdown itemizing all fees, taxes, and rebates individually is better, as things like doc fees and taxes can change depending on location (location is also important to note as well).

Bought a Machine Gray AWD Grand Touring at the end of June in LA. Pricing includes $1500 Loyalty Rebate, $1000 from Mazda Finance and other public rebates. It was a challenge to find a car WITHOUT captain's chairs so I took it. I got them to include a third Smart Key.

$39000 + $620 State fees + $3950 Sales Tax + $85 Doc Fees = $43,656
0% financing for 60 months, $0 down payment.

I got a 2018 signature in 2018 for $36k out the door (tax, title, fees). It had 18k miles on it and was untitled- 0 owners. It was a corporate Mazda vehicle that the regional parts and service manager drove. The miles were highway as he had a 3 state territory. All maintenance done at dealerships and documented. The local dealer said I got a unicorn.

Which state are you in. I can’t get any dealer to go below 41k before TTL for a red GT.
I am in Texas. This was for a FWD GT in soul red with captains chairs and splash guards. The price I quoted above was without financing. With the 0 down 0% financing I was quoted 39,245 + 2453 + 340 = 42,038 out of the door.

I got a 2018 signature in 2018 for $36k out the door (tax, title, fees). It had 18k miles on it and was untitled- 0 owners. It was a corporate Mazda vehicle that the regional parts and service manager drove. The miles were highway as he had a 3 state territory. All maintenance done at dealerships and documented. The local dealer said I got a unicorn.

Ha! This is similar to my car story. Got my 2017 CX-9 Signature, in 2017. The car had only 8k miles. It was a corporate vehicle and Mazda certified. I paid around $36k. I simply could not pass on this deal.

Just bought a 2014 Touring AWD, fully loaded with Technology Pkge, leather, sunroof, etc with 65K miles for $13.5 K from private owner. Car is in excellent condition, inside and out. Looked for a long time on all the search and listing sites.

Since there will be no major changes to the 2021 CX-9, do you think the prices of its predecessors will stay relatively the same or decrease?

Just got a 2020 CX-9 Signature in machine gray metallic with deep chestnut interior for $41,317.00. After my trade in of $10K, $34K out the door. Paid $4K and financed $30K for 0%.

Wow Toch17 how did you pull that off? And where did you buy from?

Wow Toch17 how did you pull that off? And where did you buy from?
I'm in Jacksonville, FL and have always maintained that I will drive up to 300 miles to get the best deal. I got the car from Palm Beach, FL, 260 miles away. I don't know where are you at but there's another deal, very close to how much I got mine. It's in Morrow , GA close to Atlanta. They actually have 2 in their inventory and I got them close to what I got. Just didn't want to deal with the traffic so I went to Palm Beach.

I'm in Jacksonville, FL and have always maintained that I will drive up to 300 miles to get the best deal. I got the car from Palm Beach, FL, 260 miles away. I don't know where are you at but there's another deal, very close to how much I got mine. It's in Morrow , GA close to Atlanta. They actually have 2 in their inventory and I got them close to what I got. Just didn't want to deal with the traffic so I went to Palm Beach.

Nice. MSRP for that configuration is $47.8k, KBB and Edmunds are pricing it around $44.9k in my area, so $41.3k is great. Did you ask for that price or did they give it to you? Would not have thought to ask to go that low myself, but now I'm feeling emboldened.

They initially came with $38K out the door (after trade in). I told them that I was totally disappointed that they were $2K over the other offers I'm getting. The saleslady eventually told me that their GSM would contact me. He asked me what's the bottom line I'm willing to go and told them it's whatever the lowest they can offer then I can decide to go with them or with another dealership. He then told me that regardless of what my trade in is (since they haven't seen it yet) he is offering $34K (slashed $4k off the initial offer, I can't refuse that) out the door. I also put him in a spot to make a quick decision since I am trying to make the deadline of Aug 3 for the 0% financing (got the car 7/31). The one in Georgia was offering it to me for $42,800 and I already thought that was a very good offer.

They initially came with $38K out the door (after trade in). I told them that I was totally disappointed that they were $2K over the other offers I'm getting. The saleslady eventually told me that their GSM would contact me. He asked me what's the bottom line I'm willing to go and told them it's whatever the lowest they can offer then I can decide to go with them or with another dealership. He then told me that regardless of what my trade in is (since they haven't seen it yet) he is offering $34K (slashed $4k off the initial offer, I can't refuse that) out the door. I also put him in a spot to make a quick decision since I am trying to make the deadline of Aug 3 for the 0% financing (got the car 7/31). The one in Georgia was offering it to me for $42,800 and I already thought that was a very good offer.
Was it Mazda of Palm Beach?

Back