Compass?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Yhe manual refers to a compass on the CX 5 but where is it? I don't see it anywhere on the dashboard.

It will show on the dash but you have to select one of the dash configurations that have the compass.
On my Reserve it appears on the dash about middle right. It goes blank when the car is not moving.

If it's anything like my car, then you have to scroll through the different screens on the dash, using the info button on the steering wheel.
It's there. Just find the right screen.

If it's anything like my car, then you have to scroll through the different screens on the dash, using the info button on the steering wheel.
It's there. Just find the right screen.
Make sure you do it when the car is in motion otherwise the compass won't show. When stopped it shows as a sqiggly up arrow (or something similar).

Yhe manual refers to a compass on the CX 5 but where is it? I don't see it anywhere on the dashboard.

Check out this thread from last November (which I believe you started). Midway in the thread I had posted a page from the US owners manual which shows the 3 dash settings, one of which contains the compass.

Check out this thread from last November (which I believe you started). Midway in the thread I had posted a page from the US owners manual which shows the 3 dash settings, one of which contains the compass.
Feels like deja vu, I even responded to that post back in Nov.

Thanks and sorry I already posted the question.

I cycled through the different speedometer views using the steering wheel info button while moving and no compass appeared on any of them.

I cycled through the different speedometer views using the steering wheel info button while moving and no compass appeared on any of them.
Refer back to the above referenced post from Nov. 2109. Pressing & holding the small projecting stick which adjusts the dash brightness, cycles through the 3 dash display options. Not the info button.
The Numerical Indication option of the 3 options displays the compass to the right of the speedometer, below the miles to empty display & above the odometer.

Refer back to the above referenced post from Nov. 2109. Pressing & holding the small projecting stick which adjusts the dash brightness, cycles through the 3 dash display options. Not the info button.
The Numerical Indication option of the 3 options displays the compass to the right of the speedometer, below the miles to empty display & above the odometer.
You're right and most people forget about that stalk option, you can also change to kilometers using that stalk. That's the one that brings up the compass, not the info button.

My compass on the dash stopped working recently. It always shows '--' for the compass, even when moving. I'm not sure when it stopped working as it originally was working, but for a while I didn't have that view displayed. It doesn't matter which "view" i have the dash set to, if I set the middle to show the compass it doesn't show up and if I hold the stick to bring up the view that has the compass on the right side it doesn't show either. I attached some screenshots.

I tried pulling the nav card out and testing and that doesn't matter either. I will say when I pull the nav out and click the 'nav' option on the infotainment, the compass in the infotainment works and shows me my heading, lat/lon and altitude.

Note again it doesn't work even when I'm moving. I know it's not supposed to show anything when stationary.

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_164859.jpg
    IMG_20200720_164859.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20200720_163802.jpg
    IMG_20200720_163802.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 130
Back