RWD Protege5 possible?

Jaredlkh

Jared
:
Protege5
I have an 2003 protege5 2.0L, front wheel drive, 5 speed manual. I have a few questions.
1) Can I turn my car into a rear wheel drive?
2) If so. What motor should I go with?
3) What transmission?
4) What rear end would work?

Gidday!

First up, you're probably not going to pull off a RWD swap easily or cheaply. It takes a looooooooooot of custom fab work and a very healthy bank account. To start with you've got to cut most of the firewall and floor out and make new panels from scratch, not to mention all the fuel and wiring systems to get it to work

Jump on Youtube and search for BodeVision, he's sticking a LS1 V8 and Pontiac rear end in a '88 Honda accord. That'll give you an idea of how much work is required

That being said, if it was me and my car I'd find a wrecked RX8 and stuff as much driveline stuff in to the pro5 as possible, because a modern 323 brap wagon would be amazing!

Is that what I think it is!?!?! Needs a build thread...Here. 😁

I agree. I don't know much about it besides what's in the post but just saw it on Instagram while browsing through the #protege5 hashtag (i'm such a nerd).

I have an 2003 protege5 2.0L, front wheel drive, 5 speed manual. I have a few questions.
1) Can I turn my car into a rear wheel drive?
2) If so. What motor should I go with?
3) What transmission?
4) What rear end would work?

As much as I love my Protege5, the car was fundamentally designed to be FWD, and you'd end up with a huge hole in your wallet and a car that's not even close to the original. I think there was also an AWD version in some markets called something like the Astina GT, SP20, Familia, 323F, or something like that, but don't quote me on it. I've only seen some videos of them on YouTube, i'll throw them below if I can find them.

Ben

Back