AWD with no badge?

Hi guys! As of yesterday I am the proud owner of a 2015 CX-5. The dealer says it's an AWD but there is no badging or anything inside the car to indicate this. Is this normal?

I've included a pic of the underside of the back. I think it looks like AWD from what I have seen online but I have never had an AWD before and really don't know much about cars.

Does this look right for a 2015 CX-5 with AWD?

Attachments

• 20200615_100559.jpg
    20200615_100559.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 441
  • 20200615_110019.jpg
    20200615_110019.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 464
My AWD definitely has a badge. Other way to check I think would be to see if your CX-5 has a front transfer case. If it does, it's AWD, if not, it's FWD.

My AWD definitely has a badge. Other way to check I think would be to see if your CX-5 has a front transfer case. If it does, it's AWD, if not, it's FWD.

Thanks for the tip. I am not sure what a transfer case is. Mine seems to have a big plastic thing covering whatever is in there. (Pic included of underside front.)

Attachments

• 20200615_112729.jpg
    20200615_112729.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 260

Here's a pic of whatever is going on under the front of my car in case it helps (this is looking at front wheels from behind).

Attachments

• 20200615_114507.jpg
    20200615_114507.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 300
Hi guys! As of yesterday I am the proud owner of a 2015 CX-5. The dealer says it's an AWD but there is no badging or anything inside the car to indicate this. Is this normal?

I've included a pic of the underside of the back. I think it looks like AWD from what I have seen online but I have never had an AWD before and really don't know much about cars.

Does this look right for a 2015 CX-5 with AWD?
Like stickerbush said, we can see a drive shaft goes into the right rear wheel in the first picture hence your CX-5 is an AWD. You should have an AWD badge on the hatch so I suspect either your CX-5 had involved an rear-end accident, or the badge somehow got lost although it’s highly unlikely.

Check the rear hatch and see if you can find the little barcode sticker that's attached from the factory.
It should match the others on the doors. If it doesn't or it's missing then the rear hatch was replaced. Maybe with a hatch from a fwd vehicle.
Those barcode stickers cannot be removed (easily). That's usually how dealers used to tell if the vehicle had been in an accident

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I do know that the car was in one minor accident (no airbag deployment, according to the car's records). There is no barcode anywhere inside my hatch.

Check the rear hatch and see if you can find the little barcode sticker that's attached from the factory.
It should match the others on the doors. If it doesn't or it's missing then the rear hatch was replaced. Maybe with a hatch from a fwd vehicle.
Those barcode stickers cannot be removed (easily). That's usually how dealers used to tell if the vehicle had been in an accident

Thanks so much for this post. I just ran a Carfax (yeah I know I should have done this before I got the car....but Carmax, where I purchased the car, ran an off-brand report for me and I thought it was the same), and the vehicle seems to have been in a fairly major accident. Luckily Carmax has a 7 day return policy. Sigh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200615-154531_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200615-154531_Gallery.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 318
Thanks so much for this post. I just ran a Carfax (yeah I know I should have done this before I got the car....but Carmax, where I purchased the car, ran an off-brand report for me and I thought it was the same), and the vehicle seems to have been in a fairly major accident. Luckily Carmax has a 7 day return policy. Sigh.
Like I guessed. One of the reasons I usually don’t buy used cars. Too many unknowns.

Take it back immediately, false advertising, shouldn't even be a question if you get your money back.
Carmax deals imo stink, not knowing the purchase price .....I'd take a guess they listed it at the same ballpark as a non-accident car. Not good.

Thanks everyone. The report Carmax ran was an Experian report. It did show an accident with no airbag deployment but no other details. I figured it was just a minor collision but apparently Experian reports just don't show all the details.

Back