Off Topic RAV4 Prime pricing announced

Problem with CX-5 is while it uses real leather, the seats are very uncomfortable. There just isn't much support at all. I sat in one of the CX-5 Sig, while the soft leather is nice they have very little cushioning. Almost like sitting on wood. The interior is also cramped and gets terrible gas mileage.

Why would anyone buy a CX-5 at this point? It's just so outdated and gets terrible gas milage compared to the RAV4 Hybrid and now the CRV Hybrid.
Because the cx5 turbo is much more fun to drive, extremely reliable, cheap to own, and I could care less about averaging 27mpg or so vs. whatever the rav4 or CRV get.

I hang out around 200# and am 5'11, and find the cx5 just fine. YMMV based on body habitus and seat adjustments.

Could care less about real or not on leather. I prefer synthetics anyways. My issue is the awd system in the new Prime. Its supposedly the same as the current Hybrid, which only works below 55mph.

I haven't sat in a vehicle with Toyota's synthetic leather. Can you tell the difference between the two when sitting in them? Iv'e only seen it in videos, but it LOOKS no different than real leather.

I haven't sat in a vehicle with Toyota's synthetic leather. Can you tell the difference between the two when sitting in them? Iv'e only seen it in videos, but it LOOKS no different than real leather.
I dont know honestly, as I've not sat I a Toyota, but my seats in my 370z were leather and synthetic suede. Loved em. Real leather in my Trans ams, leather faced in my z06, cloth in my 2015 cx5 and in my 1988 mustang gt, allnsorts of seats I've sat in. The worst? Ford pleather in cop cars from the 80s. Absolutely hell in summer in the south!

I have SofTex in my ‘19 RAV4. It’s very smooth and doesnt have the slightly rough/slightly bumpy texture of leather. It’s hard to describe. Cool and comfortable. It feels durable but doesn’t feel like a luxury item if that makes sense. Way better than cloth, but doesn’t need as much maintenance as leather. I have no worries bringing my kids in the car covered in mud from a hike, whereas I’d be freaking out if they got that stuff on leather. People love it or hate it. It’s perfect for our family and weekend activities. Others may find it tacky and prefer the authentic leather.

Still trying to figure out why we're discussing Toyota on Mazda 24/7. Am I I. The right place?

you know what’s hilarious? Check out the PHEV announced for 2021 RAV4World thread and you’ll find a bunch of people cross shopping the PHEV RAV4 with the CX-5 Turbo. One of the dudes here knows what I’m talking about. The eCVT gluing it all together post were his same thoughts over at RAV4World XD

I hang out around 200# and am 5'11, and find the cx5 just fine. YMMV based on body habitus and seat adjustments.
Your numbers are similar to mine - I am 5'10, though I keep saying 5'10 and a half to appear bigger. But I lost several pounds from this stay at home thingy - now I am 192-195 lbs. 195 3 days after groceries are delivered, 192 lbs when milk runs out and I drink my tea instead of coffee.

Still trying to figure out why we're discussing Toyota on Mazda 24/7. Am I I. The right place?

When the 1.5T CRV came out we only discussed how superior it was for 3 months. Which is all it took for oil dilution issues to come up. Then the Honda owners went home, or to the dealer who reminded them their 3rd kid belongs to Honda since they were kind enough to sell them a CRV.

Your numbers are similar to mine - I am 5'10, though I keep saying 5'10 and a half to appear bigger. But I lost several pounds from this stay at home thingy - now I am 192-195 lbs. 195 3 days after groceries are delivered, 192 lbs when milk runs out and I drink my tea instead of coffee.
Honestly, I've gotten a bit soft. I used to roll 190ish and 12% bodyfat. I'm still lifting decent numbers, but I've got 10-20# of useless to me. I need to fix.

Yep. Nothing to see here. Pay no attention to a direct competitor to the CX-5 that a number of forum members are cross shopping. While you're at it, take the Venza post off the General forum as well. As Mazda owners we shouldn't be shopping other brands or even thinking about other brands. Shame on us!

Yep. Nothing to see here. Pay no attention to a direct competitor to the CX-5 that a number of forum members are cross shopping. While you're at it, take the Venza post off the General forum as well. As Mazda owners we shouldn't be shopping other brands or even thinking about other brands. Shame on us!
Agreed. This should be a resource for people. Not just a fan-club.

Quick note about the following...

Agreed. This should be a resource for people. Not just a fan-club.
It's both, it just depends on how you title a thread and which forum is the best match. If the intention is to compare it to the CX-5, trying including that point in the title and first post.

If a thread is primarily about a non-Mazda vehicle, it probably shouldn't be in a model-specific forum.

While we strive to keep threads On Topic, thread topics can expand to include other related topics while still remaining somewhat On Topic.

In any case, our aim is to keep threads On Topic and Organized. Everyone's cooperation would be greatly appreciated with this mission.

Now please return this thread to its original topic, thanks.

There are 96 direct competitors to CX5, doesn't mean we need to know pricing changes / model changes / new color options on all. Plus - I might be sleeping but I have not noticed Mazda announcing a plug in CX5. What I am seeing, specially in US is the one who cries foul first in any discussion feels like they have won - irrespective of any logic.
Victim card is nice, but next time please bring logic.

There are 96 direct competitors to CX5, doesn't mean we need to know pricing changes / model changes / new color options on all. Plus - I might be sleeping but I have not noticed Mazda announcing a plug in CX5. What I am seeing, specially in US is the one who cries foul first in any discussion feels like they have won - irrespective of any logic.
What vehicle is a direct competitor for the CX5 Signature/GT-R?

Literally the only one was the 2018 Forester 2.0XT.

It's gone now.

No other vehicle competes with it.

96 direct competitors?!?! Clearly I haven't cast my net wide enough...

Please use logic instead.

Savagegeese provides his thoughts. Driving impressions start at 8:07.

Soft highway cruiser. Straight line performance is there, but handling isn't great (skip to 14:10 😮). It'll be a hit for the typical Toyota fan.

Motortrend reported a 5.6-5.7 0-60 time for the RAV4 Prime in XSE trim (different wheels and tires).

Back