'16 CX-5 Sport unlocking issue

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
I have recently noticed that the passenger side door does not unlock automatically when I shut the vehicle off. I have to manually flip the switch to open the door from inside. The rest of the locks unlock on the rest of the doors. Also, sometimes the rear hatch does not open when I press the sensor to open it even though it's unlocked from the key fob or when I turn off the vehicle and go behind to open the hatch.

Also, when i try to unlock it from the outside by pressing the unlock on key fob, the driver side door isn't getting unlocked.

Also, when I try to lock it with the key fob, it does not make activate the horn sound indicting the vehicle is locked. Not sure what is going on. Is there a way to rest the system or run a diagnostic.

My vehicle has about 51,700 miles on it.

Strange that it doesn't unlock (#1problem)
I'm not sure about the hatch either. Is it stuck then? How do you get it open?

The horn not going off? Does the "!" button make the horn honk?

Strange that it doesn't unlock (#1problem)
I'm not sure about the hatch either. Is it stuck then? How do you get it open?

The horn not going off? Does the "!" button make the horn honk?
I have to go to the ignition and press it once and then maybe press it again to shut of completely.. Then go back to the hatch and then it will work.. I don't know if this is some sort of an electrical issue or fuse issue.. I have tried the "!" button yet...

I noticed one thing., The power lock switch on the door does not lock the driver side lock. But it locks all other doors. When I turn off the vehicle the driver door does not get automatically un-locked. The rest of the doors are auto un-locked.

When I manually try to power lock the car when I am inside the car by pressing the switch, the driver side does not lock, the rest of the doors do.

So I think this auto un-lock issue is linked to the hatch as well. I have to manually flip the driver side door lock switch and then I can go and open the hatch.

Not sure if this is some relay issue or some other electrical issue.

I noticed one thing., The power lock switch on the door does not lock the driver side lock. But it locks all other doors. When I turn off the vehicle the driver door does not get automatically un-locked. The rest of the doors are auto un-locked.

When I manually try to power lock the car when I am inside the car by pressing the switch, the driver side does not lock, the rest of the doors do.

So I think this auto un-lock issue is linked to the hatch as well. I have to manually flip the driver side door lock switch and then I can go and open the hatch.

Not sure if this is some relay issue or some other electrical issue.
IMO you have multiple problems. Your front passenger lock, your front driver side lock, and the rear hatch lock. I don’t believe all 3 problems happened at the same time, and it failed one by one but you didn’t notice it?

If all 3 problems failed at the same time, your power lock module (?) may have problem. Try to remove the negative post on battery and reset the system. Check the owner’s manual to reset the one-touch open/close front driver side power window after the battery reset.

Or you may have to resolve each problem one by one. I’d guess the power lock actuator may need replacement for both of front doors.

The rear lift-gate lock mechanism is easy to get water damage so it may be more complicated. You may need whole lock assembly, or lock actuator; or just a simple cleaning.

To resolve those problems definitely is time consuming and a bit complicated. You just have to be patient.

Back