What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Went and did some archery in the woods yesterday (sadly my longbow snapped :cry:). It occurred to me that I need to get my snow tires taken off.

Yes, I have CS springs.
I have replaced all four Konis this weekend, but I had a problem at the end, at the rear driver side.
When I was screwing in the bottom knuckle bolt(nut is captive) it wasn't raised the suspension properly(did not pay attention) and the bolt went in a bit crooked. It messed up the nut's thread.
Luckily, I'm a machinist and I will take care of it tomorrow.
Lesson learned, take out the nut and make sure that the end of the bolt is centered in the cutout hole, then insert the nut and start wrenching on the bolt.
The rears, I have adjusted 1 turn. I will adjust tomorrow the front ones, maybe 1-1/2 turn and I will see how they are. My car is much more lowered(3-1/4"), then the H&R ones. Should I set the adjustment stiffer, or softer?

⋯ When I was screwing in the bottom knuckle bolt(nut is captive) it wasn't raised the suspension properly(did not pay attention) and the bolt went in a bit crooked. It messed up the nut's thread.
Luckily, I'm a machinist and I will take care of it tomorrow.
Or admit it, we all are getting older ⋯ ;)

You would assume that, if at one end the holes align, at the other end would to, no?
Yes. But I’d double check the alignment from the other end, and try not to use wrench and never use too much force for initial turns. But again, it’s easy to be said than done. And I found I’m making more mistakes at older age than young, mainly because I’m trying to take short cut more to save my energy and time, which in turn would be prone to make mistakes!

Got some things in last week in anticipation of picking up my new Reserve this weekend.

First day home she received OEM cargo mat and cargo cover from MedCenter Mazda and Canadian OEM Premium floor liners from Scarboro Mazda.
I got my delivery of those special Canadian liners last week. The only negative I can find is that they are slippery compared to my 13’s US rubber mats. I still prefer the dead pedal protection that other drivers found so beneficial.

Got a little car wash earlier today since the weather is so nice. We'll see how long it stays clean, with living out in the country.

Got this nice little ding the 2nd week I had the car. Anyone have any idea of how to repair it? If possible. Being on the panel bend line real sucks.... IMG_20200520_102135.jpgIMG_20200520_102148.jpgIMG_20200520_112744.jpg

Got a little car wash earlier today since the weather is so nice. We'll see how long it stays clean, with living out in the country.

Got this nice little ding the 2nd week I had the car. Anyone have any idea of how to repair it? If possible. Being on the panel bend line real sucks....View attachment 224789View attachment 224790View attachment 224791

Try to find a local PDR shop with an excellent rep. A fellow user on this forum had a similar ding. I believe he took it to a PDR shop and they were able to repair it so that it was almost invisible (but not perfect).

Got this nice little ding the 2nd week I had the car. Anyone have any idea of how to repair it? If possible. Being on the panel bend line real sucks....View attachment 224789View attachment 224790View attachment 224791

What you are looking for is PDR

Paintless Dent Repair

some similar discussions:

What you are looking for is PDR

Paintless Dent Repair

some similar discussions:
Try to find a local PDR shop with an excellent rep. A fellow user on this forum had a similar ding. I believe he took it to a PDR shop and they were able to repair it so that it was almost invisible (but not perfect).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.

Wife was on a trip Saturday and the car started acting up (wouldn't go over 25 mph, lots of alarm lights). She did the right thing and got it off the road. Went to rescue her but forgot my code reader, however disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU did nothing. I went back Sunday and trailered it home. Finally got around to troubleshooting today, coil pack for cylinder #4 was bad. I was going to get one from the dealer and order a complete set from Rock Auto, but after looking at prices I decided to just wait on the RA set which are supposed to arrive Friday.

BTW, if you haven't changed plugs on this vehicle it takes a 14mm socket. None of my plug sockets are that small. Just replaced them all 11,000 miles ago but forgot what I used.

Blu got a Class III hitch and wiring harness. Before any of you comment, I know the hitch is more than the CX-5 can tow. I mainly got the Class III for the accessories I can hook into it.

Blu got a Class III hitch and wiring harness. Before any of you comment, I know the hitch is more than the CX-5 can tow. I mainly got the Class III for the accessories I can hook into it.
Yeah - if I ever get a hitch, that's what I'd do too.

Care to post pics of the finished product?

Whose hitch did you go with?

I got my delivery of those special Canadian liners last week. The only negative I can find is that they are slippery compared to my 13’s US rubber mats. I still prefer the dead pedal protection that other drivers found so beneficial.

That's part of the reason I love these mats. Cleaning them takes one minute each and they dry quickly. I must say that I never have had my gas pedal foot slip while driving. Love that dead pedal coverage as well.

That's part of the reason I love these mats. Cleaning them takes one minute each and they dry quickly. I must say that I never have had my gas pedal foot slip while driving. Love that dead pedal coverage as well.

I have the Canadian mats in my CX-9 and I agree that they are slippery, but I only notice it in certain situations. For example, if I'm in the drive thru at a fast food place and I have my wallet in my back pocket, I lift my hips to pull my wallet out. With my weight now distributed between the back of the seat and my feet, sometimes my feet will slip a bit. This also depends on the kind of shoes you're wearing. It's the only thing I don't like about these mats, but in normal use they are excellent.

Got a Curt trailer hitch installed on my car yesterday. I'm just putting a bike rack on it so I didn't get a wiring harness. Looks good - hopefully get the bike rack in time to try it out this weekend.

Last edited:
Got a Curt trailer hitch installed on my car yesterday. I'm just putting a bike rack on it so I didn't get a wiring harness. Looks good - hopefully get the bike rack in time to try it out this weekend.

I really like my Curt class II I just installed for the same purpose. All you can see is the receiver. The rest of the hitch is hidden well behind the bumper.

Care to post pics of the finished product?

Whose hitch did you go with?

I went the with Drawtite Class III. The exhaust does need to be dropped for install. Also if you have a buddy help it'll be so much easier. Took us about an hour to install because we wanted to make sure it was torqued correctly. There is a plastic piece in the center that ha to be removed from the bumper. It is not important though.
20200521_214442.jpg
20200521_214526.jpg
20200521_214542.jpg

Back