2017~2024 CX-5 H&R or Eibach lowering springs?

They didn’t need any camber parts, so returning them. Rides good so far and taking an 800 mile road trip this long weekend with plenty of mountain roads so looking forward to that!
Looks great! Thanks for sharing the alignment readings. Looks hopeful!

Roadtrip to Canada with with the Eibach prokit / factory shocks and Sottozero runflats was great. Handling improved and ride with factory shocks is still pretty accommodating in town with potholes. More planted at speed and better cornering for sure.

There were a few cases the B6 yellow shocks would have helped control the floatiness from more sudden inputs at speed (swerving to avoid someone creeping into my lane), but this is a cuv not a sports car, so for now feeling good about the tradeoff to stick with the factory shocks.

Finally got around to installing my Eibach Pro-Kit. Love the ride so far! The alignment in the front was fine. The rear camber however was slightly too negative. It's marginal, so until i get rims, I'll drive the way it is. I will most likely look into those adjustable camber arms

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_095659.jpg
    IMG_20200220_095659.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 624
  • IMG_20200220_095743.jpg
    IMG_20200220_095743.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_20200220_095738.jpg
    IMG_20200220_095738.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 426
  • IMG_20200220_103027.jpg
    IMG_20200220_103027.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20200220_103312.jpg
    IMG_20200220_103312.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 426
  • IMG_20200220_113132.jpg
    IMG_20200220_113132.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20200220_131706.jpg
    IMG_20200220_131706.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 455
  • IMG_20200220_161331.jpg
    IMG_20200220_161331.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 739
  • IMG_20200220_163042.jpg
    IMG_20200220_163042.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 842
  • IMG_20200220_163118.jpg
    IMG_20200220_163118.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 823
My suspension shop said they'd need to drop the sub frame to install the rear camber arms which sounded pretty involved so punted on that since camber was in spec. They are one of the best shops in the area, so maybe they have some tricks to get the camber dialed in without the rear camber arms ... dunno.

My suspension shop said they'd need to drop the sub frame to install the rear camber arms which sounded pretty involved so punted on that since camber was in spec. They are one of the best shops in the area, so maybe they have some tricks to get the camber dialed in without the rear camber arms ... dunno.
Hey bTwix, I was just taking a look at your alignment readings and as a 16 year tech at Ford, I have to question it. I understand you trust the shop, but I'd ask another shop to do a simple alignment check and give you the current readings to compare to the previous shops printout. I'll explain why.
After replacing the coils and performing the alignment myself on our machine at the dealer, I can tell you that the factory caster and camber both at the front and the back are not adjustable. Toe is the only asjustable angles on the CX-5. Here's where your printout doesn't make sense. The right front caster/camber were in the red on the "before readings" and they shouldn't be. It would have been impossible to adjust them both to within spec. Even by tweaking the subframe, it only equalizes the readings side to side and since the left was almost bang on, it doesn't make sense how the right front was brought within spec. If you look at my "before readings" the front caster/camber did not need adjustment. Only toe. And the same story for the rear, there's only toe adjustment, so how they brought the rear camber into spec. also does not make sense.
I don't mean to questions the shops alignment, but I'd recommend you have a 2nd opinion somewhere else. It may be the machine was out of calibration? Which would explain the red readings on the right front, but still wouldn't explain how they adjusted angles on a car that can't be adjusted. There's no magic here unfortunately.
As for replacing the rear camber arms, it's true, the rear inner bolt on the subframe is right up against the body. The only way to remove it is to lower the subframe. If I ever end up doing this, I'll try and take pictures.

The mazda dealership did my eibach kit on my 2019 Signature and my alignment went perfectly into spec. Was all green and they mentioned I didn't need anything else as it would be a waste of money.

The mazda dealership did my eibach kit on my 2019 Signature and my alignment went perfectly into spec. Was all green and they mentioned I didn't need anything else as it would be a waste of money.
Good to hear. Do you by chance have a printout of the measurements? I'm very curious.
Also is yours a FWD or AWD?

Mind telling us roughly what they charged you?

They did it for $340 including alignment. It was the dealership I purchased the cx5 from so they gave me a decent deal on the install.
That's a good price.

I should have asked this before...were there any discussions regarding how the work might affect your warranty?

Just removed my winter wheel setup and got my 20”s back on (Eibach Pro-Kit). Did an alignment again and rear camber was at -2.1 degrees (spec is -1.7 max). Alignment shop recommended these for $87 to adjust camber and toe.

Will order and check back in after re-alignment completed

Just removed my winter wheel setup and got my 20”s back on (Eibach Pro-Kit). Did an alignment again and rear camber was at -2.1 degrees (spec is -1.7 max). Alignment shop recommended these for $87 to adjust camber and toe.

Will order and check back in after re-alignment completed
Hey @Aces72Aces, thanks for posting your results. I have very similar readings for rear camber. -2.0 on the left and -2.2 on the right. I'm glad to see someone else on here has similar camber issues with the Eibach Pro-kit.
A few guys on here with 2019 CX-5's posted that the rear alignment was within spec. although they haven't confirmed their measurements. Makes me wonder, are there changes to the rear suspension of a 2019?

As for the SPC Performance 67416 camber kit, it will work just fine. It replaces the lower camber arm and adjusts the bottom of the wheel in-ward to correct camber. You will need 2 kits though, one per side, so you know.
The upper a-arm that i got, it replaces the upper arm and adjusts the top of the wheel out-ward. Althought much more difficult to replace because the subframe needs to be lowered to gain access to the inside bolt. Which for me is not an issue because I am replacing them myself. It was the cheapest option for me. $135 for the kit:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
shox75-

When I installed my Eibachs last spring, i did check alignment shortly after and I was out of spec by a few tenths in rear camber. I decided to keep it as is and not make any adjustments. As soon as I replaced my set of wheels this weekend I visually observed rear negative camber. Was surprised they moved so much

shox75-

When I installed my Eibachs last spring, i did check alignment shortly after and I was out of spec by a few tenths in rear camber. I decided to keep it as is and not make any adjustments. As soon as I replaced my set of wheels this weekend I visually observed rear negative camber. Was surprised they moved so much
You're right, visually it is noticeable!
I compared the rear suspension part numbers between 2017 and 2019, and they are all the same. Safe to say a rear camber kit is necessary after lowering any CX5.

You're right, visually it is noticeable!
I compared the rear suspension part numbers between 2017 and 2019, and they are all the same. Safe to say a rear camber kit is necessary after lowering any CX5.

Agreed. Maybe not right away but after a break in period up to a year

Back