CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

I just got AA installed on my 2016 CX-5. I'm a little disappointed you can't search Artist or Albums in Google Play Music. Amazon Music Unlimited is even worse...you can't select playlist you created. I have a 3 month free subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited, but I won't be renewing it unless major improvements are made for AA.

Just upgraded from 70.00.21 to 70.00.335 but dont really notice any difference. Am I missing something here?

Just upgraded from 70.00.21 to 70.00.335 but don*t really notice any difference. Am I missing something here?

See https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/NA%20N/70.00.335C%20NA%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

You will need to copy and paste the web address.

For those of you who have a Samsung phone and have music downloaded to it..... The Samsung Music App has been added to Android Auto.

When I check the version for Mazda Connect I have no region code and when I check in the console I get MAZ which I have read is the generic code. I want to install the AA/CP update but the only files are for NA N, what can I do or am I stuck?

I just got AA installed on my 2016 CX-5. I'm a little disappointed you can't search Artist or Albums in Google Play Music. Amazon Music Unlimited is even worse...

You're missing the point. Use your voice. "Google, play Johnny Cash" works every time.
However if you must have one that does what you want, check out Spotify. Been using it for years. It really is the best and I've tried them all.

Getting the retrofit done at the dealer right now on my Canadian 2016.5. Unfortunately their fancy coffee machine is down, but comfy customer lounge.
Coming off my current 59.00.502 NA N, I was assured that I would be getting the latest 70.00.352B NA N update. Hope so.

All done, guess the letter "B" does not show up after the "352" when checking afterwards. Please advise if otherwise.

M1NoZHXl.jpg

Z6pkeEwl.jpg

SD4R0Lbl.jpg

So this has been bothering me ever since I got Android Auto (which is such a step up from native Infotainment). Am I missing something or this an issue for everyone: Text messages that include more than recipient don't show up (SMS vs MMS). This is agnostic whether it is coming from another Android device or an IOS device. If a message is direct to me I will get the notification on AA. If I am part of a group it does not.

Running Samsung Note 8, Android 9 (Pie), CDMA (Sprint).

You're missing the point. Use your voice. "Google, play Johnny Cash" works every time.
However if you must have one that does what you want, check out Spotify. Been using it for years. It really is the best and I've tried them all.
Thanks. I have a 6 month free premium subscription to Spotify, via my Samsung phone. Spotify does give you the most library options on Android auto, campared to Google play music or Amazon music.Oh well, I guess I'll have to start building my library in another streaming service

So I just got the 2019 CX-5 sig. Everything works great and I even updated it to the new firmware and maps. My only issue is that the phone/Contacts app on AA always use dark mode. Is there a way to switch to light mode? I've tried everything including developer settings to manually set it to light mode, but nope. Maps on the other hand works fine.

It's strange that maps and contacts don't match up, but try possibly adjusting the instrument cluster brightness knob.

So this has been bothering me ever since I got Android Auto (which is such a step up from native Infotainment). Am I missing something or this an issue for everyone: Text messages that include more than recipient don't show up (SMS vs MMS). This is agnostic whether it is coming from another Android device or an IOS device. If a message is direct to me I will get the notification on AA. If I am part of a group it does not.

Running Samsung Note 8, Android 9 (Pie), CDMA (Sprint).
Android Auto has a setting for "Show Group Message Notifications" - Perhaps yours is toggled off.

Has anyone run into this.... I have a 2019 CX-9 GS and when I run Android Auto and use Google to navigate, it always cuts off the last 2-3 seconds of any directions. Google navigation will say "In 200 metres turn left onto Mai........" and cut off the "Main Street" or "in 100 metres turn left onto 12....." and miss the "12th Avenue" part. The last few seconds of every direction is cut off which is very annoying. Can anyone help with this?

Has anyone run into this.... I have a 2019 CX-9 GS and when I run Android Auto and use Google to navigate, it always cuts off the last 2-3 seconds of any directions. Google navigation will say "In 200 metres turn left onto Mai........" and cut off the "Main Street" or "in 100 metres turn left onto 12....." and miss the "12th Avenue" part. The last few seconds of every direction is cut off which is very annoying. Can anyone help with this?

I have what you describe occur only when my audio is set to radio (and maybe USB drive -- I'll have to check).

If I use the audio (Google Play Music) built into Android Auto, then the driving directions won't be cut off at the end.

I have what you describe occur only when my audio is set to radio (and maybe USB drive -- I'll have to check).

If I use the audio (Google Play Music) built into Android Auto, then the driving directions won't be cut off at the end.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out. I usually have music playing of the USB so that's probably it. Still a bit odd that USB music would cause the navigation to get cut off but maybe a software upgrade in the future will fix it. Thanks again.

I'm new to AA implementation on any car, my 2019 GT obviously has it and I've been let down considering all the hype AA receives.
Now perhaps some of it is due to my LG Phone being a couple years old and not a premium Samsung offering.

So far in limited use, Google maps stays on daytime mode even at night (set to auto on phone). No speeding indication on the screen....I have seen the speed limit sign display but no additional info on how fast the car is traveling. Google maps was also dropping back to its initial screen and dropping the route forcing me to select it again....happened a bunch of times in a short 10 min span. Google maps also slow/laggy to respond.

Amazon Music......what the F is this? Wont show all my playlists, cannot scroll through my music catalog. Amazon music app seems broken in AA, a quick scroll of forums shows alot of people with same issue.

In short.....I hope the Carplay integration is better cause in my opinion AA is not very useful to me. 2019's have XMtravelink and I've found it working perfectly fine with it tied into the stock NAV.....my music USB stick + XMtravelink is really all I need.

Tell me I'm wrong and things I should explore on AA, cause I'm at the point of uninstalling it from my phone as its use is overrated lol.

FYI I do have latest Mazda Connect Firmware installed.

The laggy maps could no question be your LG Fiesta! That';s the name of your phone. And I simply cannot type Fiesta! without an exclamation point. Fun name for a phone. :D the Fiesta! is a midrange phone and is now 3-4 years old so yea, your Google Maps lag and drops could be totally because of that. You don't need a Premium Samsung, a Premium LG would do, too. :D

There is no Speeding info in Google Maps. Thankfully. I'd prefer Google now know that about me. Amazon musics issue is Amazon, not Google or Mazda. Amazon and Google are at war and they don't play nice together.

Back