225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

I checked with my COSTCO tire guy and he confirms, as you say, and as the TireRack chart shows that the Michelin Defender 235/55/19 will fit on a 7" rim( 6.5" - 8.5" rims will fit). NOW, there will be some slightly different handling characteristics as the tire is slightly wider and taller BUT even every different brand of oem fitting 225/55/19 will handle differently. Regardless, I'm still of the opinion that the Defender LTX will come in 225/55/19 before the end of the year.
So if will fit, but obviously you will not get the recommended ride quality if going minimum or maximum.

Sacrificing a slight harder ride with the 50 profile, but your car will look so much better

I ended up going with the Michelin Premier LTX, all in after taxes and rebate came to $1139.73 which ended up in the middle of the pack in terms of pricing - from Fowler Tire. What is a bonus is that I got an appointment (not able to do at my local Costco) and they have a tire hazard warranty (not available through dealer). Was a good experience with that company.

I've got just over 500km and certainly like them - I did see 6.8km/100 L fuel economy on the way home last weekend which I never saw before but had some slow traffic - the 2.5L engine does love the 80km speed for fuel efficiency. Will need a few months to see if there is any difference.

I'm satisfied if I get 100,000km on these - certainly 2x better or more than the Toyo's.

Last edited:
I ended up going with the Michelin Premier LTX, all in after taxes and rebate came to $1139.73 which ended up in the middle of the pack in terms of pricing - from Fowler Tire. What is a bonus is that I got an appointment (not able to do at my local Costco) and they have a tire hazard warranty (not available through dealer). Was a good experience with that company.

I've got just over 500km and certainly like them - I did see 6.8km/100 L fuel economy on the way home last weekend which I never saw before but had some slow traffic - the 2.2L engine does love the 80km speed for fuel efficiency. Will need a few months to see if there is any difference.

I'm satisfied if I get 100,000km on these - certainly 2x better or more than the Toyo's.
Which size tyres did you get?

I've got just over 500km and certainly like them - I did see 6.8km/100 L fuel economy on the way home last weekend which I never saw before but had some slow traffic - the 2.5L engine does love the 80km speed for fuel efficiency. Will need a few months to see if there is any difference.

I had the Premier LTX's (225/55/19) on my last CX-5 and loved them. Now I'm back to those quick wearing Toyo's again. At least they ride well when new. I got my Michelin's from COSTCO as they offer their own warranty on all their tires, as well as decent pricing and excellent service.

I had the Premier LTX's (225/55/19) on my last CX-5 and loved them. Now I'm back to those quick wearing Toyo's again. At least they ride well when new. I got my Michelin's from COSTCO as they offer their own warranty on all their tires, as well as decent pricing and excellent service.

How were the Michelins wearing? I can get them for $1065 installed . Im OK paying more for a better quality tire. Id just like to know Ill get at least 30k out of them.

I have them on my 19 GtR and love them. But theres only a few hundred miles on them.

My wifes 16 GT needs the new set.

Last edited:
How were the Michelin*s wearing? I can get them for $1065 installed . I*m OK paying more for a better quality tire. I*d just like to know I*ll get at least 30k out of them.

I have them on my 19 GtR and love them. But there*s only a few hundred miles on them.

My wife*s 16 GT needs the new set.

I had my Premier LTX's for 3 years before trading up but can't remember how much mileage I had on them. They were about half worn at the most and I put on about 8000 miles a year, BUT, I see that COSTCO(where I bought my Michelin's) offers a 100,000 km(62,000 miles) in house warranty on these tires so I have confidence that these would wear really well.

Last edited:
I had my Premier LTX's for 3 years before trading up but can't remember how much mileage I had on them. They were about half worn at the most and I put on about 8000 miles a year, BUT, I see that COSTCO(where I bought my Michelin's) offers a 100,000 km(62,000 miles) in house warranty on these tires so I have confidence that these would wear really well.

Thanks. Im having a set installed on Friday. I figure its a 30k mile tire from everything Ive read. That would be 4 years for me since I run winters 6 months a year and put around 15k miles on the car a year.

Looking at new tyres here - we seem to get a different range than available in the US. Cant get the General tyres here except in a couple of offroad 4 x 4 sizes.

My local tyre dealer is suggesting the Continental ContiPremium Contact 6 in 225/55/19 99V. They have a $100 rebate on at the moment. Brings the 4 tyres including fitting and balancing and disposal fee of old tyres to $1136. I have had Continental on previous cars and was very happy wth them.

Have you guys heard of these ContiPremium Contact 6 tyres in the US? Any info?

I see from the table posted earlier that the Continental tyres in this size get good ratings.

Looking at new tyres here - we seem to get a different range than available in the US. Cant get the General tyres here except in a couple of offroad 4 x 4 sizes.

My local tyre dealer is suggesting the Continental ContiPremium Contact 6 in 225/55/19 99V. They have a $100 rebate on at the moment. Brings the 4 tyres including fitting and balancing and disposal fee of old tyres to $1136. I have had Continental on previous cars and was very happy wth them.

Have you guys heard of these ContiPremium Contact 6 tyres in the US? Any info?

I see from the table posted earlier that the Continental tyres in this size get good ratings.

I personally avoid any tire used as an OEM, nearly, unless it's on an ultra-performance vehicle, and even then I question it. Further, those tires only have 7-9/32" tread depth. Weak. My bet is they are very mediocre performers and wear out fast.

YES! I absolutely LOVED my CrossContact LX20's. I got over 50K miles out of them, they were well behaved in any situation (snow, etc. even with 2/32 left they made it up my 27% grade hill covered in snow!) and I just loved them. So sad they didn't offer them in 225/55/19. But now...

V rated
Symmetrical tread
25.6# weight
has a sound absorption layer
Builds technologically on a tire I already have an excellent experience with.

https://www.continentaltire.com/product/crosscontact-lx25-22555-r-19-99v/?
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX25

This has answered my "what tire to use" query!

Last edited:
YES! I absolutely LOVED my CrossContact LX20's. I got over 50K miles out of them, they were well behaved in any situation (snow, etc. even with 2/32 left they made it up my 27% grade hill covered in snow!) and I just loved them. So sad they didn't offer them in 225/55/19. But now...

V rated
Symmetrical tread
25.6# weight
has a sound absorption layer
Builds technologically on a tire I already have an excellent experience with.

https://www.continentaltire.com/product/crosscontact-lx25-22555-r-19-99v/?
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX25

This has answered my "what tire to use" query!
I believe you're referring to Continental CrossContact LX25, which should be a good choice based on specs and "740 A A" UTQG. $194.99 each at TireRack indicates its price is on higher side for 225/55R19.

Good find Unob. The LX25's look like a serious contender for me when it's time to replace the mediocre Toyo's. It's a very new tire, so no "expert" reviews yet but since it's the 2nd generation of a very good tire it seems very promising.

I believe you're referring to Continental CrossContact* LX25, which should be a good choice based on specs and "740 A A" UTQG. $194.99 each at TireRack indicates its price is on higher side for 225/55R19.

The LX20 was exceptional. The TrueContact Tour tests and reviews amazingly, as did the LX20. This LX25 should, unless Mr. Murphy seriously intervenes, be amazing.

$70 rebate through the end of Aug 31. Should be in stock in 2 to 3 weeks. Per Facebook comms with Continental.

A question about Milestar tires that I can't find addressed on this site at all: Amazon currently has their MS932 225/55R19 99V tire for $90 a pop (looking at <$500 for 4 of them installed), all with pretty good reviews from the limited amount I can find online.

Given they're not mentioned here at all, does anyone have experience using them?

Back