Heated seat temp variation?

mox44ah

:
2018 CX-5 GT
Does anyone know if the temp of the heated seats varies according to ambient temperature? Long story short, I pulled a hamstring at work the other day and thought I'd warm it up on my way to the gym with the heated seat (don't laugh). Anyway, temp outside was around 55* and it seemed like the seat wasn't getting hot at all even on the highest setting. I'm guessing the answer is no but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

These seats are pretty "meh". Definitely the least hot, heated seats I've had. That said, better n' nothing. The steering wheel is legit, tho!

These seats are pretty "meh". Definitely the least hot, heated seats I've had. That said, better n' nothing. The steering wheel is legit, tho!

Agree. That's the 2nd feature I like about the Jeep (circling back to that other thread...lol): the heated seats embarrass Mazda's. By the time you even feel heat in the Mazda you are turning them down on the Jeep.
So ends the only things I like about the Cherokee. :D

I find that while it takes a bit of time for the seats to fully heat up, once they do, they're nice and hot. I've done the heat-on-sore-back thing a few times myself. Works great for my 40 mile drive to to work.

Iv'e got one that works once in a while, was basically dead during the deep freeze a few months back. But when it works it grills you.

Agree. That's the 2nd feature I like about the Jeep (circling back to that other thread...lol): the heated seats embarrass Mazda's. By the time you even feel heat in the Mazda you are turning them down on the Jeep.
So ends the only things I like about the Cherokee. :D

Driving Matters...heated butt checks...not so much lol.

Weird that OP put the setting to high. On low....wait. was OP wearing long john's? I ask because on medium and wearing shorts it get gets toasty for me.

For lower back pain, unless damage was done, I'd suggest a soak in the tub, stretches, and Motrin.

*Always consult your physician, this is not medical advice but personal opinion.

Back to the seats, yeah, I am honestly a bit crestfallen about the weak heated seats. I truly wish I coulda just gotten cloth seats in this thing. They're better. Or maybe some suede inserts like in my jeep and 370Z. I hate slick seats.

Its funny I rarely use high. The heated seats on the VW are noticeably stronger though so I get the comments about the Mazda being weaker.

I wanted cloth seats to Uno. But after having heated seats in 2 very similar cars, one cloth, one leather: they can work much faster on leathers then Mazda's do.
That's what my mom said: told me her seats are better because it's not leather. Yeah... That's not it.

Mine gets so warm it leaves those barbeque stripes branded on my butt.

There is a thermister to control temperature within a given range. Have a read.

Attachments

• Seat warmer.pdf
    414.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
It certainly gets hot enough to the point where I need to turn it down... eventually. Just sayin'.... In the Cherokee? That happens in less then 10 minutes.
They could be a leader in that department. My Volvo works quite a bit better then my Mazda, too...but even it isn't as quick as the Jeep to Max heat.

I think the stone leather heated quicker than the nappa in this 19. I guess they have different insulating qualities.

Mine gets too hot on high. I usually spend the winter with it on low, sometimes on medium, but even that gets to hot on a long ride. No problem with heating here.

Mine is pretty instant and i keep it on low. I have only cranked it up when the car sat outside overnight. Long ride for me is more then 10 minutes. I have had other brands with heated seats, this car acts the same to me.

Steering wheel tends to have some temp swings and "cools" down to the lower end of heat when I want it to stay hotter, but the seats work great for me.

Mine is pretty instant and i keep it on low. I have only cranked it up when the car sat outside overnight. Long ride for me is more then 10 minutes. I have had other brands with heated seats, this car acts the same to me.

Steering wheel tends to have some temp swings and "cools" down to the lower end of heat when I want it to stay hotter, but the seats work great for me.

My car is exactly like yours in those respects. And I feel mild heat within 30 sec, HOT within a minute. Can't keep it on high for long. But wish the wheel would stay hot longer.

My 16 is pretty weak and takes a while to heat up. When it does heat up, it never really gets that hot.

My 19 is a whole different story. I have to turn it down, which is nice.

Yeah my '18 is too much on high. In the morning, I turn it to three bars and before I'm out of the neighborhood I have to turn it down to one bar. Three bars to get the heat and one bar the rest of the drive. If I left it at three for much longer it'd be very uncomfortable.

My Mazda works better than my last CRV and Legacy.

My steering wheels also cools down more than I would like. I feel like it didnt do that the first thousand miles.

Back