Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Ur there were 4 benchmarks in the site. Ryzen took 2 and Intel took 2 so they're neck n neck.

My computer. I finally decided to upgrade it, because my CX-5 makes it feel like a total dog.

Currently:

AMD Phenom II 955 BlackEditon (overclocked to 3.8Ghz)
GTX460 750MB
8MB DDR3 1333
240SSD

Just curious what other CX-5'ers are using to look at their CX-5's online.

I built a similar system to yours like a decade ago ...
but I only overclocked to 3.4ghz since I only do air cool.

My Living room system is a Ryzen 5 1600x with RX470 Gpu

I built a similar system to yours like a decade ago ...
but I only overclocked to 3.4ghz since I only do air cool.

My Living room system is a Ryzen 5 1600x with RX470 Gpu

This system was what I had from 2010 to 2017. In early 2017, I OCed it to 4.0, but it was unstable, so I backed off to 3.8. It ran perfectly for another few weeks until I retired it for my current system. My OC was a hail Mary to get a few more weeks out of it, I have no idea how sustainable it was, but it did make starcraft 2 playable for a bit longer.

My Home Studio, built around a 4770K and recently threw in a GTX 1080. I can almost always have the windows open in the afternoon with warm Southern California breezes and the sound of birds chirping. It's a very pleasant space and I feel very lucky.

a>

Last edited:
Very nice! (thumb)

Corsair 650D case? I used to have one of those. Then I went Switch 810 for watercooling, and then to a Corsair 540, which I still watercool in even though that's not it's intended purpose lol, but I like the form factor.

Last edited:
Scratched my monitor a bit during a road trip. Thinking of going 4k 120hz at least in a few months to replace it. Are there still only 2 on the market?

That's an Ikea Rug MAN... the Good Stuff!!! :D

Do you do your tube listening on Headphones or Speakers?

And on the monitors, I'll take 3440x1440 over 4K 27".

Last edited:
That's an Ikea Rug MAN... the Good Stuff!!! :D

Do you do your tube listening on Headphones or Speakers?

And on the monitors, I'll take 3440x1440 over 4K 27".

I have a $1500 rug in my livingroom, and it's "cheap" looking. Hell, in the world of rugs, that is cheap. Still, it looks and feels no different to me than a $120 Amazon.com rug. I only own it because I bought it at a national bankruptcy sale on Memorial Day last year for $54. (Erdo's, if you're curious, all 13 stores shut down).

4K 27" is stoopid amazing image quality... IF the refresh rate is there, that's sickhouse.

Both in the past, now speakers. Headphones and tubes are magical, as is vinyl.

Unob - Back to our regular scheduled programming.

Ori & The Blind Forest is $10 Steam Sale. The hype is real. It's fun and gorgeous.

I used to enjoy doing a complete new computer rebuild every couple of years, which at the very least was usually a new case, and a new graphics card, CPU if I needed it which necessitated a new motherboard. You get the picture. It can be a chain reaction of parts! It also would give me a chance to try new color schemes or what have you for the aesthetics of the build.

With Ngreedia's reveal of the 2080 TI, 2080 and 2070 yesterday, it's just not worth it anymore. Seriously, $1200 for the Ti and $500 for the x70 part? You know the $500-$550 price point used to be the price for the top dog in any given generation. And the x70 part was usually in the $300-$400 range. This stoopidity of pricing brought on by lack of competition at the high end and whatever other factors have just made this hobby too expensive. Especially as a watercooler when you factor in the additional cost of waterblocks, backplates, compression fittings, and whatever else.

Sad panda.

I guess I'll keep truckin' with my GTX 980 I've had for 4 years almost now. Longest I've ever had a GPU. I usually changed out every 1-2 years.

Last edited:
And your 980 is still holding up because you went top of the line. So get a 1080 when the 2080 is officially released. ;)

Back