Show me your CX-5 wheels

8 width and I thought 40 too but the calculator makes me think the et32 would look better(more flush). Originally wanted TSW Watkins but I like the look of these a little bit more and they are half the price. Wont be lightweight but a little lighter than stock I think.

Last edited:
Hi All
My stock tire hit a side walk and the rim got cracked

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13LY3aR-oTdn0Z0NqTzSLrI8Ex3TVrG8K/view?usp=sharing

Any suggestions on how to fix it ? I checked the interior of the rim and looks fine. The rim is cracked only outside.

If it was me, I would look for a replacement wheel. I guess you could send that photo to some wheel repair shops in your area and see what they say, but that seems to be a pretty bad crack. If that is the first time it has been cracked, I think it's possible they may be able to weld it back together and re-finish it. From my experience, they will not even attempt to weld a wheel that has already been repaired once.

Hey, at least you know you can get a replacement though! I bought a set of aftermarket wheels for my Genesis and got a really bad bend on the face of one of the wheels about 6 months after buying them. I went shopping for a replacement and found that there were none in existence for the size I needed. They had been discontinued about two years prior and not one store in the nation had any in stock. Luckily, I have a really good rim repair place near me because a lot of places I called wouldn't even attempt to fix it. They repaired it to almost like new shape. If not for them, I basically would have been waiting for someone to sell a used rim on ebay or just been out of about $1500 worth of wheels.

If it was me, I would look for a replacement wheel. I guess you could send that photo to some wheel repair shops in your area and see what they say, but that seems to be a pretty bad crack. If that is the first time it has been cracked, I think it's possible they may be able to weld it back together and re-finish it. From my experience, they will not even attempt to weld a wheel that has already been repaired once.

Hey, at least you know you can get a replacement though! I bought a set of aftermarket wheels for my Genesis and got a really bad bend on the face of one of the wheels about 6 months after buying them. I went shopping for a replacement and found that there were none in existence for the size I needed. They had been discontinued about two years prior and not one store in the nation had any in stock. Luckily, I have a really good rim repair place near me because a lot of places I called wouldn't even attempt to fix it. They repaired it to almost like new shape. If not for them, I basically would have been waiting for someone to sell a used rim on ebay or just been out of about $1500 worth of wheels.

Thanks DurtyByrd, welding the rims will it effect insurance in any ways ?

Thanks DurtyByrd, welding the rims will it effect insurance in any ways ?

No problem. It won't effect your insurance if you pay for it out of pocket. If you were planning to make a claim, I would go after a new wheel as opposed to trying to fix that one.

Just to clarify my last statement...What I was getting at is that whatever the insurance company doesn't know they can't penalize you for. In my experience, the rim shops don't communicate with any insurance companies unless you file a claim. Since you are located in Canada, I'm not sure what they require but I would assume it would be the same.

From nice pics to a dry boring measure and figures discussion thread-"show me your wheels"please

Cheers 101

256d09060dec77e7e6a804742303abee.jpg

22' individual colored http://www.brand-wheels.com/status-2/ you can get them here
I know two guys who drive them-one like this the other with blue accents.

Cheers 101

Of course.
Got them from Tirerack. They are called Flux. Made by Platinum.
I bought them because they were the cheapest 17" wheel Tirerack had: $99. It was the last full set they had at the time. Bonus they were black. They look great in person with the silver lugs and the Platinum logo in the center.

Last edited:
Ours is primarily my wife's, and "the family car". She couldn't wait for it to get lowered. We went with Eibachs, which are much less severe. Absolutely no downside.

Pictures? Where did you get the Eibachs? They haven't been available through US distributors in the past.

Ours is primarily my wife's, and "the family car". She couldn't wait for it to get lowered. We went with Eibachs, which are much less severe. Absolutely no downside.

That is a strong indicator that you got yourself a very special significant other, lol! That's possibly the best thing i've read on this forum all day.

Anyways, you made a wise choice to go with the Eibach's. they are much more forgiving and provide a better overall balance between comfort and street performance VS. H&R, which is a much stiffer more aggressive drop and very stressful on your OEM struts which are not properly valved to sustain such an aggressive drop.

if the Eibachs feel tight without being overly firm or bouncy, then the OEM struts are liking it. but I still can't recommend lowering springs.. it's always best to get a sportier valved strut which is better suited to a lowering spring such as Bilstein sport struts (they pair exceptionally well with Eibach springs and are significantly better than the OEM crap)

another thing I could recommend are some BC racing coilovers. great stuff for a very fair price. they are fully adjustable, so provided that the shop who installs them is experienced and knows what they are doing while adjusting them, you will get a ride that is even more comfortable than OEM yet corners with dramatically higher precision and less body-roll.

Of course.
Got them from Tirerack. They are called Flux. Made by Platinum.
I bought them because they were the cheapest 17" wheel Tirerack had: $99. It was the last full set they had at the time. Bonus they were black. They look great in person with the silver lugs and the Platinum logo in the center.

Nice wheels. I love the silver touch on the lugs - goes well with the chrome around the car. the last thing you need to do cosmetically is getting 20% window tints all around, remove the badges off the rear (should that tickle your fancy), add some tinted bubble plate covers front/back, possibly paint some of the chrome around your car gloss-black, and you will have yourself one dope looking ride.

Dirty dirty close up just to show the center cap.
11d7f0098809c79b99434c7aeffa65ce.jpg

those brakes! good lord. you are one hell of an aggressive driver.

18x8.5 +40 TE37s on 225/60/18

655cc4b7361b3fefbaf5ac9c33e753de.jpg

nice wheels!

I don't understand why Mazda made the top window trim black, and the bottom chrome. I think it looks blasphemous. I would have that bottom part painted or wrapped right away to save myself the headache of looking at this.

Yes, very aggressive. Not gonna lie.

Totally agree about the chrome strip. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Yes, very aggressive. Not gonna lie.

Totally agree about the chrome strip. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Be careful out there bro. Not sure if you mean Toronto by CLE, but lots of stupid drivers out there. When I was younger I almost crashed into some idiot driving slowly or not paying attention many times. Its always good to develop smooth linear braking habits and keep a safe following distance from the car in front. Dont get me wrong I love to drive fast and I often do, but thankfully I finally learned my lesson while I was still young.

Back