Show me your CX-5 wheels

This is actually on the headlight housing itself, just aft of the light itself. On the old light, it is the little white plastic knob on the bottom left (10mm hex/Phillips). The new one might have a similar adjustment knob.

2015-02-04153013_zps4f00fc1c.jpg

Mazdasweed's matte black is the closest I've seen. Still waiting for someone to do this to a Black Mica.

The '16 rims look too busy IMHO
What wheel arches is this?

This is actually on the headlight housing itself, just aft of the light itself. On the old light, it is the little white plastic knob on the bottom left (10mm hex/Phillips). The new one might have a similar adjustment knob.

Thanks Chris, found it! Only problem is that it's hard to access on one side. I couldn't even get my hand in there and will probably need to disassemble something to get to it.

I also tried the sensor on the back axle and that worked too. You can hear the headlights moving up and down as you move the sensor. I'll probably insert a few washers under the suspension arm mounting bolt as suggested by Skorpio. I think that would be the easiest fix.

Last edited:
Anybody have a pearl white CX5 with rims other than black? I am curious to see it in silver, machined, chrome, etc. When I checked online tire rack, the CX5 color looks light grey and not pearl white. Thanks

good thanks' pics show the new OEM grill on the 2016s. That's not aftermarket.

hell no...now I gotta upgrade. I'm sure to buy the grill separately will cost more than trading in/upgrading to '16 version. Mazdausa still shows the 2015. I had to verify doing a google search. Looks way better!

Last edited:
Will a 245 60 18 tire work on the CX5? If not what would be a good size tire. I am mounting them on some 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 wheels.

Will a 245 60 18 tire work on the CX5? If not what would be a good size tire. I am mounting them on some 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 wheels.

No, will not work, it`s 3.7 % way to big (the circumferance....) 245/55/18 is much better........

Thanks. They will be unique. They were $355(!), they are replicas, but still.
They will look even better, with the Corksport springs installed.
Will need to get wobble nuts and locking nut kit, which are not cheap($120).

They are very fine ! But not unique.....in Europe they are OEM with Audi RS and Audi TT.....nevertheless it`s a 5 spoker !!! So it suits the CX-5 very awesome.......

Ok, so it seems like my current wheels, 8.5" (216mm)+ the offset of 40 give it a total distance from the hub of 256mm (my tires are 255 as well). So a 9" (229mm) wheel with 30 offset will be 257mm from the hub, or roughly equal visually to what I have now, except the tire would be slightly less bulged. Do you guys agree with this as far comparing distance? I am thinking mybe a 9.5" with 30 offset to give me a *very* slight poke (+ I want a wider wheel).

Why ? If I may say so ? The set-up now is awesome, if you go to the 9.5 and 30 offset, definitly you come up to problems , I presume.......(I`m sure...)

Mounted the 20's on our 2016 today. I know lots of people are into the painted /black wheels but I'm still a chrome guy lol!!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427430665838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427430665838.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 839
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427430691265.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427430691265.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 545
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427430707687.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427430707687.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
Thanks man! Yours should have a very similar look to mine once you've put your Sochis on. I think the ride height looks good without being too extreme.

Just to clarify, the total drop compared to stock is 40mm (measured from wheel arch to wheel centre), which is 15mm lower than the advertised 25mm drop. That may be partly due to my heavier 2016 GT model with AWD, so YMMV.

OK, but when you see some CX-5 models here on this forum, they look all the same with the Eibach kit (whatever AWD,automatic, 6 gear, and FWD models they are) So I'll hope that my CX looks the same as your car ! I like it !! Thanks !

grtz Marcel

OK, but when you see some CX-5 models here on this forum, they look all the same with the Eibach kit (whatever AWD,automatic, 6 gear, and FWD models they are)

That's true, they all seem to have a similar drop. There's probably only a few millimeters difference between the different configurations. I really like the ride height of the Eibachs. It's not too extreme, but still gives a great stance compared to stock.

So I'll hope that my CX looks the same as your car ! I like it !! Thanks !

grtz Marcel

Thanks Marcel, I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on the springs once you get them installed (and seeing pics too of course!)

Anybody have a pearl white CX5 with rims other than black? I am curious to see it in silver, machined, chrome, etc. When I checked online tire rack, the CX5 color looks light grey and not pearl white. Thanks

There are quite a few examples on the internet:

29122_1420570553.jpg

e83eea7d-6a97-49c2-b6f2-d5dc6709209c-800.jpg

12081248333_13435b51bd_b.jpg

Mazda-CX5-+-VVS-CV5-20inch-staggered-_3.jpg

read.php

pg_130419_5u1xwonq.jpg

masda-5-avan.jpg

Back