What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

If you are going to all the trouble of swapping seats, it wouldnt cost too much to have an upholstery shop redo the Speed3 seats in tan right? The you'd really have a show stopper on your hands. Did they ever offer the RX8 with a tan interior? I know one of our recent new members put RX8 seats in his van.

The mazdaspeed3 seats are at least "bolt in" ... My rx8 seats were completely custom. I'm not sure if the rx8 came in tan cloth, but tan and tan/black leather was offered.

AFAIK the Speed3 was manual only. I don't know if even the GT had power seats... I would also want to confirm that the power seats offer enough adjustment to satisfy you before going to the trouble of sourcing a set...

TQp8lhC.png

Got the new wheels and tires mounted.
I've never giggled like a Japanese high school girl until now.

Ordered the stubby antenna by the way.

Last edited:
I giggled like a japanese school girl and it isnt even my van! Those look even better than i thought they would. Your picture, taken today, is reason enough for me to never move to Alaska. I like my winters short and sweet...

Installed a thule fairing for the roof rack i bought from davicho. I couldnt stand the wind noise anymore and it reduced it alot. Luckly i got the fairing for 50% off so i couldnt pass it up

Before the fairing

Finalized my "stock" brake setup today. Got stainless lines put out back ... The flare wrench didn't do anything except mangle the hardline nut, just like other here have noted. A blast of pb blaster and big vice grips made short work of the hardline nuts on both sides. The passenger side line had shreds of inner tubing fall out when i took the line off. I then had to cut the line to get a socket on it to get the line out of the caliper. The driver side came out "easily." After bleeding the brakes, the pedal is firm and very confidence inspiring. I also had warped rotors up front after a few weeks of the new ms3 brake swap, so new higher quality pieces went in. Lesson learned, the cheap Centric rotors from Rockauto are pretty crappy. Also while I was working on the rear brakes, I saw that it has adjustable camber arms already! I may pull the camber back to -1.5* and get the toe realigned.

All in all, the brakes are now what I want from it and it outbrakes my Fiesta ST, so I'm pleased with that. Now to wear out these tires to throw better ones on and then get some more power out of it ... Time to source a 2.5 and turbo bits.

I think a 2.5 will be fairly easy to source. The turbo stuff, however, is looking to be a little more troublesome. I think the MS3 exhaust manifold will fit, but I'd want to put a different flange on there. I think a gt2560 or similar would be perfect. Quick spool, 200-250 whp (hopefully the atx can handle the power), and keep it on 91 octane. I'm trying to pay off a house now, so power mods will have to wait. It may just be a high-compression 2.5 in the near future.

TQp8lhC.png

Got the new wheels and tires mounted.
I've never giggled like a Japanese high school girl until now.

Ordered the stubby antenna by the way.

OH yea! hehehe shes lookin fresh af. that chrome lip looks perfect (wow), I was going to order a stubby ant, witch one did you go with?

Installed a thule fairing for the roof rack i bought from davicho. I couldnt stand the wind noise anymore and it reduced it alot. Luckly i got the fairing for 50% off so i couldnt pass it up

Ooooo nice, the faring adds the right finishing touch to it, I don't know what it is about the roof rack, but I really like the over all look of it on the car when I see them around on the roads, even though I think i would never use it, did you have that from factory? it locks in with a key?

I think a 2.5 will be fairly easy to source. The turbo stuff, however, is looking to be a little more troublesome. I think the MS3 exhaust manifold will fit, but I'd want to put a different flange on there. I think a gt2560 or similar would be perfect. Quick spool, 200-250 whp (hopefully the atx can handle the power), and keep it on 91 octane. I'm trying to pay off a house now, so power mods will have to wait. It may just be a high-compression 2.5 in the near future.
Can you run the 2.5 easily with our wire harness? I thought they were direct injection? The auto tranny won't handle very much,that's what kept me from buying the turbo kit from someone. I couldn't have it blowing up weekly as my daily.

Mazda5 Premacy'08

Did a light tint on my taillights, for that smoke look. Turned out okay just need to top it off with acrylic clear coat. #vankulture

Before
20160221_172324-1.jpg

After
20160222_155908(0).jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that's a HUGE picture! Looking good there. No the 2.5 will not run easily on the 2.3 wiring harness. No the 2.5 is not direct injection. I would worry a lot more about the engine internals handling boost over long periods of time, rather than the automatic trans. The auto trans, you can at least add a cooler and change the fluid more frequently to reduce the risks. The stock con rods and hardware, head gasket, and pistons on the other hand, will handle whatever they will handle and then they will fail. Sac02 has ben running his with a turbo for a while now, he would be a good person to ask about durability at certain boost levels

Back