NWMotiv Project3

nwmotiv

Some of you probably recognize me from either Mazda3revolution or MazdasNW. Finally now introducing myself here.

Figured this would be a good spot if any to start up my project build thread.

Anyways, I've been in the scene a long time, but stopped working on cars about 7-8 years ago to focus on work. I'm an automotive photographer and you might have seen my work in the various tuner magazines (see mackeydesigns.com)

We picked up a new 2010 Mazda 3i a few months back and have already been using my connections within the industry to build it out. I have several sponsors from Corksport, V-LEDS.com to Konig, Katzkin and even Diamond Audio (list goes on)

Original Build concept:
mazda3.jpg

Now here comes a large amount of pictures. Enjoy.

Full HID and LED conversion done by V-LEDS.com write up, installation and review. Installation of OE fog lights with 3k HIDs as well.
http://www.nwmotiv.com/cars/project3-v-leds-installation-review/
nwmotiv-projectcar-vleds-feature.png

Trunk LED Strip
nwmotiv-projectcar-vleds-feature6.jpg

nwmotiv_project3-1.jpg

Konig Wheels Unboxing.

First impression: The wheels are packed nice. I'm not sure how other wheels are packed, but they really protect the lip on this model. Overall weight seems good, paint and construction is super sharp, edges are nice. Overall a very clean wheel. I'll know more once they're test mounted for tires.

konig2.jpg

konig3.jpg

konig4.jpg

konig5.jpg

konig6.jpg

konig7.jpg

Drone Mobile by Compustar. Starting your car from your phone is one of those, Oh s*** that was rad moments. I'll be posting a full review soon when I get more chances to play with it.

drone1.jpg

First install day

Short list of all items installed:
Corksport Plate Relocation Kit
Corksport Intake
Corksport Exhaust
Corksport Lower Rear Sway Bar
Corksport Front Strut Bar***
Stance USA Coilovers

I can't post HP gains yet because we're still pending doing a power pages feature for Import Tuner. The MSDS header is supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday of next week, once that comes, we'll install that, pull a few more runs on the dyno and be set. Let's just say, the numbers today didn't disappoint.

Special thanks goes to Kelly & Derrick from CS for helping me with the project and making some really great parts. Matt, James and Kevin from SpeedFactory for the installation and dyno & Mike Lee from Stance.

On the dyno pulling the initial dyno base run.
project3-dyno1.jpg

Corksport Intake installed
project3-dyno2.jpg

Corksport Front Plate kit on... much better.
project3-dyno3.jpg

Corksport Exhaust installed, love it :)
project3-dyno4.jpg

Under carriage shot of the exhaust.
project3-dyno5.jpg

Another
project3-dyno6.jpg

Stance USA rear setup installed looking fresh.
project3-dyno7.jpg

Corksport Rear sway bar in.
project3-dyno8.jpg

Front coil vs stock setup. Build quality is really impressive.
project3-dyno9.jpg

One last shot before it got buttoned up.
project3-dyno10.jpg

Car's handling has improved tremendously even before it gets dialed in.

Diamond Audio fully sponsored.

Close up on the 12" HEX Shallow mount sub
project3-diamond5.jpg

D6 5 1/4" Components (2 sets total)
project3-diamond1.jpg

D400.1 AMP
project3-diamond2.jpg

D300.2 AMP
project3-diamond3.jpg

Another full shot of the 12" HEX sub
project3-diamond4.jpg

Plan is for a stealth install in the trunk hidden in the spare tire well and suspend the amps from the top of the trunk to keep the trunk functional... integrate more v-leds into the design. This hasn't been done yet, still waiting on a few more things to arrive.

Very nice, Welcome to the forum.

BTW im Joka1 on all the other forums you mentioned as well ;)

Rob

Wow that's hot, I like the carbon fiber wrapped rear bumper diffuser. You gave me a few ideas but don't worry I won't copy lol I own the hatchback same color.

Liking those coilovers and love the corksport products. How do you like the Hankook V12's? I use to sell them haha. I also like the carbon overlay on the rear diffuser. I was thinking about doing that.
Are you using the stock radio? I want to add a sub to my stock system.

You need to post recent pics here............Cough/ cough - stereo install ;)

Rob

Heavy Update -

meguiars.jpg

Skirts and Trunk lip painted and installed by Taj Collisions in Issaquah

35% tint was done by Street Designs

Optima Yellow Top Battery
project3-audio1.jpg

Courtesy of Metra Electronics, their Tsunami 4/8 Gauge double amp installation kit
project3-audio2.jpg

Courtesy of Metra Electronics, two sets of Ballastic Door Sound Dampening Kits and one bulk kit for the rest of the car and trunk
project3-audio3.jpg

Courtesy of Metra, their replacement center console piece when/if I change out the headunit.
project3-audio4.jpg

So far here's the list:

Optima Yellowtop Battery
Metra Double Din Center Console Kit
Tsunami Ultimate Dual Amp Installation Kit
Ballistic Sound Dampening Door Kit x 2
Ballistic Sound Dampening Bulk Kit
Diamond Audio D400.1 Mono Amp
Diamond Audio D300.2 Amp
Diamond Audio D3 Components x 2
Diamond Audio Hex S12.4 Shallow Mount Sub

Interior Mock up

project3-interiormock.jpg

Perforated Suede Inners with a Tuscany/Black Leather outer, Suede Door cards, pillars and headliner (and maybe wrap the wheel and a few other pieces) doors in the Tuscany Black and Carbon the rest of the pieces.

Shot for the Import Tuner Power Pages and the Corksport Calendar.

Gotta love summer in the NW!

project3-stage1mtn.jpg

EBC Brakes 3GD Rotors + Red Stuff Pads for all 4 corners
project3-ebc1.jpg

Katzkin Custom Interior Unboxing (this is all you get until the kits are custom fitted) Midnight Black Tuscany Leather with Dark Slate Perforated Inserts
project3-katzkin1.jpg

project3-katzkin2.jpg

A present from my friends down the highway, Thanks Derrick, Gwynne and Kelly

project3-corksportlines.jpg

In the meantime, here are some audio installation pics. More to come once the car is buttoned up.

The headunit, Alpine INA-910BT
First review - fast, plenty of controls (especially if you use an iPhone/iPod) still figuring things out, so far so good.
project3-alpine1.jpg

Rear tunk lid, filled with ballastic sound dampening material - trunk is solid as a rock now LOL
project3-diamondinstall1.jpg

Trunk covered in ballastic, amp rack with crossovers mounted above.
project3-diamondinstall2.jpg

Another shot of the amp rack, this is going to get some further customizing later.
project3-diamondinstall3.jpg

Patch job of the doors for the ballastic material. Proper way to do it is to take off the outer frame, but we just didn't have time.
project3-diamondinstall4.jpg

A template James Anderson uses for the speakers.
project3-diamondinstall5.jpg

Finished front speaker, tweeters remain in their stock location.
project3-diamondinstall6.jpg

Finished sub box, just waiting installation. Will cover with material or paint on a later date.
project3-diamondinstall7.jpg

Finished rear door speakers. We mounted the tweeters in the same location as we didn't want them up high.
project3-diamondinstall8.jpg

Trunk without box to show the lines, will retain the stock tools just in case I might ever needs them (even without a spare).
project3-diamondinstall9.jpg

You can see/hear it next month at the CS show!

Front lip is on it's way, interior pieces are out for wrap, front and rear seats are done and in the door inserts are done, but I can't put the panels back on until the pieces are wrapped.

Phew... sorry for the Giant post! hope everyone likes it!

Thanks for the tweet Mazdas247!

Latest posts

Back