Can I auto-set media to Apple CarPlay and not FM? 2019 CX-5

vdog

2019 CX-5 GT Premium
Hey folks first post here :) I just bought a 2019 Mazda CX-5 (as you can see from my profile title). I have this issue where my apple car play does not start up if I connect my phone right away and play music, and instead the car plays FM radio at whatever volume I had it on last.

I was wondering if there is a way to 1) disable FM radio and other media options and only have apple car play or bluetooth as the option or 2) fix applecar play media so that FM does not overtake each time?

The car should default to what was playing the last time. As long as you plug your phone back in before you start the car it will go back to carplay.
Ah interesting, maybe I dont plug it in before. But I think because Carplay takes time to start it goes to FM

Don't know if this will help but on an android phone in the android auto settings you can have a.a. start automatically and music start automatically. Maybe there's a similar setting in Apple for carplay.

youri do you know if this is the same for users with a wireless carplay adapter?

I don’t know for sure but I assume it will most likely. The adapter is in the usb all the time so for all intent and purposes i think the CX-9 would keep its audio source as the USB port since the adapter stays connected in. I have a 2018 cx-9, it should be the same as the 2019 cx-5, but not the ones with the new infotainment (2020 and up i believe).

Latest posts

Back