Intakes available, nobody has one?

That's ahh heck of an cai injen intake that looks sweet. Nice pic razhael, how much does that monster flow and the injen cai increase in horsepower.

dunno how much they increase, and by the way, the CAI is MHP not injen, i dunno if anybody has the injen yet.

Hey whats the price difference for the carbon fiber versus the regular aluminum finish, I want the carbon fiber!!!!

jay, its a k&n, the water bypass valve is AEM, and i dont know about the carbon fiber price yet, i was luckily upgraded!!!! good thing i let them install it for me. They will probably have it by next week (the site updated with the pics and prices for carbon fiber)

Holy crap that thing looks SWEET!! I was considering an MHP a month ago (approximately, when they first came out with it) but they didn't have anything that looked this good! Back then was just the metal pipe.

Are you sure this is real carbon fiber? I'm not doubting you, just wanted to make sure it wasn't some fake plastic tube or film covering or something. It takes quite a bit of work (investment?) to design and produce a carbon intake. What did you pay for it?

Here's a question for everyone: CAI or short ram? I'm in rainy Vancouver, and I do have a little bit of fear that the engine will suck water, or at least moisture once the rainy season starts. I know there's the AEM bypass valve, but that won't stop small amounts of water or humidity mixed with the intake air will it? Will that screw up the engine? :confused: :confused:

well, it looks and feel like carbon fiber, besides, its all about performance right?

anyway, about the water bypass valve, u dont really know, i guess thats the problem with living in northern areas.

Originally posted by MP3Ben:
<STRONG>Here's a question for everyone: CAI or short ram? I'm in rainy Vancouver, and I do have a little bit of fear that the engine will suck water, or at least moisture once the rainy season starts. I know there's the AEM bypass valve, but that won't stop small amounts of water or humidity mixed with the intake air will it? Will that screw up the engine? :confused: :confused:</STRONG>

In order for water to damage your engine, you would have to submerge the end of the pipe under water. Raindrops getting on the filter will not harm it. The KN filter has a layer of oil which also helps keep the water out.

Razhael and OpusX, thanks for the info about the water in the engine thing. I guess I'm not as scared about getting a CAI anymore...and I'm still drooling over that intake! Razhael you're right, it's all about power hehehe...I've been trying to decide whether to go Injen or MHP...as per my other post. :D

Hey Rahzel, did you get the chance to dyno yet. I'm very interested in hearing what differences there are. I spoke to the head engineer that worked on the MP3 at Racing Beat. From what he had told me, there wasn't a whole lot of "acceleration time difference". He didn't get the chance to get the car on a dyno though and that's why I'm interested in the results. I also got his take on using a short ram VS. a CAI. He definately has me leaning more toward the CAI. He was saying the short ram will work fine, but that he didn't like what readings he was getting from the ECU during testing. Apparently the problems were that the ECU was having a hard time adjusting the fuel properly and that the hot air from the engine bay was giving bad signals to the ECU. So I asked him if using and APEXi S-AFC while using either intake would help and to my suprise he was telling me that it was a great idea. So, I'm ordering the Carbon Fiber CAI an S-AFC and then I'm taking a trip to a dyno. Goodluck Rahzel, we all envy you.

Anyone want to try to organize a group buy on the Carbon Fiber CAI. Let's see if we can get them to lower the price to $300 even. Anyone interested I know I can organize a group buy on S-AFC's no prob. :D

where do i dyno!!!??? im gonna try to get someone to do it for me this weekend, but nothing sure, so dont get mad if i arrive here dynoless :D

Originally posted by Razhael:
<STRONG>where do i dyno!!!??? im gonna try to get someone to do it for me this weekend, but nothing sure, so dont get mad if i arrive here dynoless :D</STRONG>

Whenever you get the chance, just grab the yellow pages, look in the "auto" section, look for "auto performance" shops, then finally, look for a performance shop that has a does dyno test/tuning. Goodluck man, I have to remember you're not in Cali.

hey APEXistud for how mach can you get me/us the S-AFC ;) , oh and when you get yours write up an install guide cuz it's hard to put it in our cars :D

Hey APEXistud I am in for a group buy on the carbon fiber CAI and S-AFC if the price is right. lemme know what you can work out.
MP3 #635 :D

Got my INJEN CAI from Wholehyper yesterday, put it in first thing this morning...

Works great!! Easy install too!

:cool:

Sorry guys, I haven't read this post in a few days. A S-AFC brand new should cost $293 on groupbuycenter. I'm not sure how much I can get one for, but I can give the vendor I go to a call and see how many I'd need to get a discount on em. Email me if you're interested.

Back