2021 CX-5 Turbo Noise question

Hey everyone. I'm new here and new to the CX-5. Just bought myself a 2021 Grand Touring Reserve. I had a couple questions for those more familiar with this engine than me.
Is it normal to hear the turbo spool and then get quieter as it builds pressure especially when on the highway? Perhaps I'm a bit paranoid but I love the car so much already and want to make sure I don't have a vacuum leak or something. Thanks!

Probably normal. The PCM controls boost. Enough that there is 25+ HP difference between regular and premium fuel. On regular, I'd expect it to pull boost as RPM rises and spark knock is more likely.

Probably normal. The PCM controls boost. Enough that there is 25+ HP difference between regular and premium fuel. On regular, I'd expect it to pull boost as RPM rises and spark knock is more likely.
I really only hear it under medium throttle when accelerating. Could I have a boost leak maybe?

same, I kind of wish mine was more audible when accelerating hard.
I really only hear it under medium throttle when accelerating. Could I have a boost leak maybe?
I actually heard mine tonight. Yep, it was under medium throttle and going through a couple of gears, I heard both the turbo and the bypass valve on upshift. It was quiet but audible.

Latest posts

Back