Suspension sounds after lowering spring install (2023 CX-5)

I have some noise in the front end on mine as well, haven't had a chance to track it down. But it's worth noting, the noises have been there since the warranty transmission work 10k miles prior to lowering.

The noises on mine are only over pretty decent bumps/potholes/manhole covers at slower speeds.

However I did tighten the top bolts on the perches in the engine bay, seemed to help a bit. Note that I had those off after lowering, when I installed the autoexe strut brace.

Make certain that the swaybar endlinks were installed the correct direction... I've seen some posts on other forums/vehicles on which they were installed on the wrong side of the shock mount.

This was largely cured by tightening the left rear shock mount. I still plan to inspect the sway bars because there's another clunk to track down on the other side. It wasn't there before so I think it's related to the parts that were removed/reinstalled (hopefully not the control arms though, those are a b****). One hint is that the clunk seems to happen only on compression rather than decompression (the opposite of the sound we eliminated) and resonates through the body rather than being a sound that's in open air, so it seems like it's connected to the car...but that's the best I can tell right now.

I do recall seeing a post in the cx-9 section and the OP found his springs to be defective because the coils would touch. MAYBE the coils are touching during compression?

The C's springs have rubber on them to help reduce/eliminate spring chatter.
Right.

And this sound only occurs with certain light bumps. Like something isn't tightened down enough and gets jostled. I can get a lot of compression and nearly bottom out on a certain street and it doesn't make any sound. I don't think my spring coils are touching.

Latest posts

Back