Clear engine code lights?

Does anyone know how to clear the engine codes without going to dealership ? I had an issue when i was trying to get the low oil pressure light to clear and now have more lights.. I took the oil control solenoid out and cleaned it but when I put it back i missed one of the bolt holes and oil poured out of the car.. I immediately shut the car off and and remedied the problem.. Now I have the big vehicle malfunction light in the dash ...(along with the low oil pressure and check engine light) I know the 1 problem is resolved so why is the light still on (vehicle malfunction )? and if your quick to say "should have taken it to the dealership dude" might as well hold your breath ..

cant afford it.. car is out of warranty , and this whole problem started after I had the front timing chain cover "fixed" for leaking oil ...when I got it back I had this low oil pressure light on the mechanic said they couldnt clear ...

Most local auto part stores should let you borrow obd2 scanner for free. If you did resolve, the lights should self clear but you might have to drive it a little for the computer to detect.
Last, Amazon sells obd2 scanner for $30. Use it and return.

Back