Spark plug dilemma (2014 CX-5)

⋯ Regarding EV's from China, I'm not in the market for an EV but just saw on youtube videos about massive EV buildup (there's apparently a lot of brands offered) and some with quality problems like axles falling off. 😱
If you have a chance to check out the Beijing Auto Show recently, there’re literally 20+ brands of EVs on display. There definitely have some with poor quality. But those from BYD、Huawei、Xiaomi are as good as iPhone quality. They all offer both low-end and high-end EVs and compete with Tesla、BMW、Mercedes there. The EV batteries impress me the most as 1,000km / 621.37 mile range is a norm, with 1-second-for-1-km super fast charging capability. Tesla can’t compete with domestic EVs in China now and has to lower the price many times since last year. And Tesla has to buy those high-tech batteries from CATL and BYD in China for better range and speedy charging to compete there.

Unfortunately we can’t see any of these Chinese EVs (I’ve seen some buses) in the US with 102.5% tariff imposed. Just hope Chinese government won’t impose the same 102.5% duty on Tesla or iPhone there. Protectionism will never work for better and stronger economy.

Thanks for the confirmation of legitimacy.
Although many have used RA for good price, but I like you still hesitate to buy any parts from them. See these recent posts here although it isn’t the RA:

Hello,

Are there any techs out there?

Which originally I thought it was bad gas, after two weeks with it not stopping I hooked up my cheap scanner to being shocked with a reading of multiple misfires at high rpm’s. The engine starts fine and idles fine. Then when I go to pass a vehicle on the highway or when the RPM reaches 4.5 up it starts stuttering but has not popped an engine light. The spark plugs are new from last summer. Can the ignition coils all give a misfire.
Thank you in advance,

They were not counterfeit, it came from Parts Avatar, it’s Canada’s version of Rock Auto

I just went to Mazda and spent $200.00 for my new spark plugs 🤷🏻‍♂️ I went and test drove it and it does appear more responsive & peppier 👌😁 ZOOMZOOM RULES👌😁

I hope that this helps people that need new spark plugs, strictly buy OEM from MAZDA & it says on the box, Made in Japan 👌😁

Always remember that before replacing the plugs yourself is once you have the ignition coil off the plug, use the air compressor to rid of any potential risk of sand or something going in the hole. It’s an easy job. Takes me about 20 minutes. Good luck 😁 ZOOMZOOM
Thanks for the advise. I think I have read about it somewhere else too. I was planning to use vacuum and clean the whole engine bay around the spark plugs and coils and then replace them one by one.

Expensive spark plugs but overall cost of ownership has been low on my CX-5 so I sprung for the OEM plugs that were around $20-$25/piece. I can't remember now exact cost.. swapped them a couple years ago.

I suppose the only vehicles easier would be older with a spark plug boot to a distributor cap.

Back