Radio buzz when headlight switch is on? Protege5

Its from the Dash Lite Resistor roller switch, so when u dim Dash Lites 100% no buzz - Now yes that switch or dash Lites may have ground problem.

Unknown as it came with Pioneer DEH 150MP HU - It did buzz fm dimmer before I hooked up the Subwoofer to RCA's that PO had not hooked up - & It buzzed fm Dimmer before LED Hi/Lo 's & LED Hi beams & LED Fogs I installed - Just bought it last month.

Attachments

• PIONEER.JPG
    PIONEER.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 10
I would try to quickly disconnect the head light bulbs and see if that clears it up. If there’s aftermarket LED bulbs it could be poor quality or bad resistors and such on that circuit.

I would try to quickly disconnect the head light bulbs and see if that clears it up. If there’s aftermarket LED bulbs it could be poor quality or bad resistors and such on that circuit.
- & It buzzed fm Dimmer before LED Hi/Lo 's & LED Hi beams & LED Fogs I installed

Just looking at those red connectors and tape makes me cringe...I work as a mechanic in the transport refrigeration industry and I rewire components constantly due to environment and 3rd world repairs... I mean no offence to whoever installed that.

you have some feedback on the circuits...so we need to eliminate all bad/ poor connection points and such. if it was me I would start at the head unit and rewire it with proper shrink tube and connections and make sure all your grounds are good... then I would check that SUB and the wires there to make sure nothing is cracked and such. Alternatively if you have another deck you could check that and determine if the head unit is bad.

I would also eliminate the dimmer option and make sure it runs fine. then check that circuitry. its possible you need a series of resistors to smooth out that line.

I saw on Amazon a variety to 12VDC line voltage filters... you could try that on the power supply side on the dimmer circuit to the deck. for $12 could be an option.

Back