Lewis7789's 2003 Protege5 build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very tempted to give up and part out and sell everything.

Turns out the 1993 PGT wiring harness I bought for car is actually an OBD2 (96-97) harness even though the seller told me is was for a 1993. ******* Probetalk lying bastards. Now I get to start over with the wiring and try to find a 93-94 wiring harness again.

I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to mess with this car anymore. Every time I try to install something it wants to fight me. **** this car. I'm going to have a piece of pie before I set the garage on fire.

Wow that really does blow!!!! Sorry to hear this Evan. Don't give up, go eat your pie and it will work out.

Sorry guys, I quit. Car is for sale as is or a part out will happen this week.

Please tell me this is a joke, or just a very angry post. I'll call around my area to see if there is any 93-94 KLs if that would help

:(

You're 86 pages in, man, you can't give up now! Just keep reminding yourself how awesome it's going to be when it's done.

Jimmy Dugan said:
It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great.

We can do a drive by on the MOFO who screwed you! We do have a couple if Electrical Engineers that could offer some advice. Reach out to your boys. You've come to far to quit! Just chillax and refocus

Sorry guys, I quit. Car is for sale as is or a part out will happen this week.

lIdG6NX.png

I agree completely with the quote posted by sleepwalker. You're building something unique, and as such you shouldn't expect everything to be as easy as plug-and-play. If that's what you wanted, you should have started with a more popular platform.

I still think you can do it, and I know that it'll be awesome when it's done. Please don't give up.

Sorry guys, my mind is made up.

A project car is supposed to be fun but this project has lost it's fun factor a while ago. I would feel better (and much less stressed) to sell her and part it out. Sorry to disappoint any members on here but there plenty of other badass Protege's with KL swaps. And I'll always help out with questions to other members about the swap.

If anyone is interested in parts or the whole car, I priced all my aftermarket parts (but for the seats and battery) at $7660 and I will take $6500 for everything. And I mean everything, I've got lots of spares as well. Other wise a part out will happen later this week and I'll have proper pics.

Sorry guys, my mind is made up.

A project car is supposed to be fun but this project has lost it's fun factor a while ago. I would feel better (and much less stressed) to sell her and part it out. Sorry to disappoint any members on here but there plenty of other badass Protege's with KL swaps. And I'll always help out with questions to other members about the swap.

If anyone is interested in parts or the whole car, I priced all my aftermarket parts (but for the seats and battery) at $7660 and I will take $6500 for everything. And I mean everything, I've got lots of spares as well. Other wise a part out will happen later this week and I'll have proper pics.

:(

So what will take it's place?

This is a sad day, hope everything goes well for you Evan. I can't say I'm not disappointed but I do understand, but there better be a build thread for the 6. ;)

Wow. Not what I expected to see. Well man, keep in mind that I've made an OBD2 Honda into an OBD1 Acura (and back). If you have a change of heart, I'm ready to grab a soldering iron.

Sorry to hear sir. I wish there was some way but at the end of the day, if you aren't happy then you shouldn't continue. Hopefully whatever your next project is works out better. If there were any way to get you to keep it, I wish some of our lovely forum members, and your closer mates, could help... I gotta say, I was hoping you had the car running so I could try, being the operative word, to get a KL swap underway in my P5. (though it's still a dream and may be for quite some time.) Would you think about picking up a stock engine and sticking that in the car? Part out the rest and keep the body at least??? (just shots in the dark from me...)

And this is what happens when you buy "another car" and don't "plan" on modding it. Sad to hear :(

It's all understandable. I hate to see my friends get this far and decide to sell, like SCMP3 rebuilding his MSP. Both times, the MS6 won. It may be different if this wasn't your second time building a V6 P5. I hope you get good money for everything and sell easily.

damn dude, that's unfortunate! I was really hoping to see this in action! Are you planning on doing another easier car? Or just going to stick with a semi-stock MS6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back