Honda version of the mazda5

Autox MSP

Banned
:
I drive a caution cone
Honda just introduced their little car sized van called airwave. With the increasing gas prices japan is really starting to to build practical fuel efficient cars.

01.jpg

Honda's version seems a tad more SUV/Wagon like...I only say that because of the rear swinging doors rather than a sliding door like a mini-van

I think Mazda should have kept that style of the doors... the sliding door is more of a dodge caravan thing... with the first MPV's with car doors was great because it didnt seem like a van... if any car company didnt catch on to why people buy SUV's instead of mini vans is because of the DOORS.... that lil groove in the side of the car is UGLY...

Doesn't anyone notice that the Honda is FUGLY!!! What's up with the funky window setup in the back...just seems like a modern version of those import mini wagons from the 80's...the Mazda 5 is damn sexy and you know it! ;)

Honda has yet to have an orginal design. Show me one car that doesnt have desogn clues from other car makers.

I agree...kinda bland but I've found that Honda lines tend to age very well. Sometimes I don't like the car initially but it slowly grows on me.

And they've been doing a small "van" since the mid 80s...Anyone remember the Wagovan? Also called the Beagle or Shuttle depending on your market. It was more wagon then van but the most cargo room you'd ever find in a Civic. Paired with its funky 4wd, and it had quite a niche.

The CRX was pretty original.

Still, the Honda will probably spank Mazda in the MPG department (something that Mazda just "does not get" IMHO - when my protege 5 gets worse mileage than my 2.5 liter Altima, something is wrong here + reading the threads on MP3 and Mazda 6 let alone RX-8 shows the same) and it has a CVT transmission. I for one will be following that one if it comes to US.

It is very unlikely they would bring it to the NA market though, as it could hurt CR-V sales.

Last edited:
Still, the Honda will probably spank Mazda in the MPG department (something that Mazda just "does not get" IMHO) and it has a CVT transmission. I for one will be following that one.

and it'll still have 30-40 more hp too lol mazda engines suck

Latest posts

Back