CX-60 PHEV Recommended charging level?

Hi, I would like to know if the CX-60 PHEV is recommended to charge up to 80% as most EVs these days instead of 100% and also if is ok to always charge it with the home plug or if is better to get a proper charger?
Thanks

Mazda recommend charging to 100% as there is additional capacity in the battery that takes into account degradation over time.

Regarding the charger, really depends on what you prefer. The 3 pin that comes with the car are known to be faulty. Majority of the time they will add only a few percent of charge regardless how much you want. Personally, I have a PodPoint Solo for when I want a charge quickly (2.5 hours for full battery at 7kWh). However for daily charging I use an Ohme Go charger on a 3 pin plug. This is because I am with Octopus on their intelligent tariff; the car can smart charge at any time and I get off peak rate for the entire house while Octopus decides when to charge the car between plugging in and the ready time that I have set

Mazda recommend charging to 100% as there is additional capacity in the battery that takes into account degradation over time.

Regarding the charger, really depends on what you prefer. The 3 pin that comes with the car are known to be faulty. Majority of the time they will add only a few percent of charge regardless how much you want. Personally, I have a PodPoint Solo for when I want a charge quickly (2.5 hours for full battery at 7kWh). However for daily charging I use an Ohme Go charger on a 3 pin plug. This is because I am with Octopus on their intelligent tariff; the car can smart charge at any time and I get off peak rate for the entire house while Octopus decides when to charge the car between plugging in and the ready time that I have set
Thank you very much for your advice, I really appreciate it. I’m also with Octopus and I’m getting the Ohme charger with them but I still have to wait another month to get it installed. I think that off peak tariff they offer is fantastic.

Thank you very much for your advice, I really appreciate it. I’m also with Octopus and I’m getting the Ohme charger with them but I still have to wait another month to get it installed. I think that off peak tariff they offer is fantastic.
It is truly an amazing tariff. And for the last 2 months, the car has started charging as soon as I plug in (around 4:30pm each day). So the whole house is on cheap rate pretty much right through to 5:30am. On average, I’m getting 85% + as off peak for the house since moving from Octopus Go (I was getting around 55% to 60% with Go by doing car charge at night along with dish washer and washing machine). Now, the evening consumption, cooking etc is generally all of peak as well.
I didn’t want to spend out £1000 to replace the PodPoint, when I was able to get an Ohme Go for £300. It only charges at 2kWh instead of 7kWh but I actually benefit from that with longer off peak time for the car to charge (8 hours instead of 2.5 hours)

Latest posts

Back